Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Who do I think I'm fooling? >

Who do I think I'm fooling?

Who do I think I'm fooling?

Old 05-03-2012, 07:31 AM

I think you should check out the posting in 1/4 inch seams. Try for a "scant" quarter inch and don't cut it using a Janome quarter inch foot unless you're really hungry.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:41 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by linkd View Post
I think you should check out the posting in 1/4 inch seams. Try for a "scant" quarter inch and don't cut it using a Janome quarter inch foot unless you're really hungry.
It wasn't the 'width' of each cut that is causing the problem - it's the NUMBER of cuts
Old 05-03-2012, 07:59 AM

I've done that many times, too. I don't know who I'm fooling, tho.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by erstan947 View Post
I use to make cookies "for my DH", right! He would have 2 the next day I would put a few in his lunch. Then I would start the cookies and milk game. Do you ever play it. OH, I have milk left in the glass I need a cookie to finish it off. OH, now have have extra cookie and no milk, I must get a little more milk to go with the cookie. Then repeat all day. Then to my surprise most of the cookies are gone. I would bake more cookies and then eat them down to the amount that DH last saw them. He always wonder why I gained weight cause he never saw me eat much I was a master of the game. After 47 years I have given up that game. I've found more creative ones!lol
That is just too funny!!! I have done the 1/4 inch thing, but not this!!! Next time!!! LOL
Old 05-03-2012, 09:15 AM

put 3/4 of them on a plate, and hide 1/4 for eating. Complain while you carry the plate around, that you really thought the recipe turned out more then the plate shows. NOW GO EAT THE HIDDEN TREASURE. (Laughing at my silly self)
Old 05-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Power Poster

LOL I think we all do that
Old 05-03-2012, 09:44 AM

This had me laughing so bad. I had tears running down my face. It made me think of my grandmother. She was diabetic (not a very good one might I add) my grandfather worked out of town so he would be gone during the week and only home on weekends. He would buy a pack of Klondike Bars when he was home on the weekend and tell her that she could have one that week if she wanted. Well..she would eat 2..then realize that he would know that she ate more than she was supposed to, so she would eat the rest of the pack..then ask my dad to go get another pack. So he would..and she would eat 1 out of that one so that he wouldn't know what she did.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by wordpaintervs View Post
put 3/4 of them on a plate, and hide 1/4 for eating. Complain while you carry the plate around, that you really thought the recipe turned out more then the plate shows. NOW GO EAT THE HIDDEN TREASURE. (Laughing at my silly self)
that's just plain brilliant! Thanks!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:31 AM

Are you my Sister? Then Postal Packin' Mama is our cousin I'm getting up right now and doing that cake in a jar. Why do bad habit's taste so good.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by erstan947 View Post
I use to make cookies "for my DH", right! He would have 2 the next day I would put a few in his lunch. Then I would start the cookies and milk game. Do you ever play it. OH, I have milk left in the glass I need a cookie to finish it off. OH, now have have extra cookie and no milk, I must get a little more milk to go with the cookie. Then repeat all day. Then to my surprise most of the cookies are gone. I would bake more cookies and then eat them down to the amount that DH last saw them. He always wonder why I gained weight cause he never saw me eat much I was a master of the game. After 47 years I have given up that game. I've found more creative ones!lol
I am so gonna have to try this - (like I haven't already shhhhhhh)