Who is next to leave?

Old 08-16-2010, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
I'm still here, just not as often to write things. Lots of things going on in my life.

For those who want to keep up with me check out my PDA of "QuiltingGrannie - August 16 updates" (Sub title changes from time to time, but QuiltingGrannie stays the same!)

Love ya all,
we are tickled pink to see you whenever you can pop in. when you are rich and famous you can hire somebody to type what you dictate to us. then you'll have lots more time. :lol: :-) :-) :-)
Old 08-16-2010, 09:42 AM

I noticed it but didn't know there was anything going on specifically. I guess I was just oblivious to it.

I read here every single day, probably every post in Pictures and Main, but I don't comment all the time. You guys are the best, whether I express that or not, and a day just wouldn't be complete without catching up with you all.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
I'm still here, just not as often to write things. Lots of things going on in my life.

For those who want to keep up with me check out my PDA of "QuiltingGrannie - August 16 updates" (Sub title changes from time to time, but QuiltingGrannie stays the same!)

Love ya all,
we are tickled pink to see you whenever you can pop in. when you are rich and famous you can hire somebody to type what you dictate to us. then you'll have lots more time. :lol: :-) :-) :-)
I think I will always be the hands on type person and do my own commenting and postings. The rich and famous part ? :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 08-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Power Poster

Like most areas of my life -

I've found MOST people are nice MOST of the time here.

I felt I was misunderstood a couple of times, (and I had absolutely no malice intended) but if those are the biggest glitches in my life - life is still very good.

There are some things and people "that are what they are" - and they may feel that way about me, too.

Let live and live. Learn and live.

I think it's because of the over-all pleasantness of this board/forum that when unpleasantness/nastiness shows up, it does throw us because it is so not the usual behavior here.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:47 AM

I have visited the chat room a couple of times and they were talking about personal things not quilting , so I don't go there any more. My time is limited as I'm sure it is for many of the rest of you. I come here to share quilting .
Old 08-16-2010, 10:00 AM

Wow, such a variety of replies here.

I joined a few days after Christmas and spent a lot of time in the chat room in the winter, but not so much in the spring and summer. If someone in the chat room doesn't acknowledge you, then say hello - everyone is welcome in the chat room. The conversation ranges from quilting, to cooking, to pets and everything else. Jump in any time!

There are so many areas here; pictures, main, tutorials, etc. I spend a fair amount of time in the PDA section because it's fun to hear what other people are doing in their every day lives. All of the people who have a PDA welcome everyone to post there. That area of the board is often called the "neighborhood" because it feels like one.

I love the Quilting Board and like many others, I'm styaing here! :D
Old 08-16-2010, 11:27 AM

I love this site, too. I've wondered where certain members are, but as for me I did a goof. I had noticed that I was not getting any notifications from posts. When I contacted Admin I found out that one of their notifications was marked as spam on my computer and now they aren't allowed to send me anything. I do remember a notification being in my spam, but I thought that I had clicked on the "this is not spam" button. So, I can come to the site, but will have to wait a couple of months to put my address back with the board. Please, be careful to notice what is going into your spam file.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
Originally Posted by raptureready
I don't know, Patrice, I've got so many footprints on my tongue already. . . . . . . . . . . . :lol: :lol:
don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I've put my foot in my mouth so often i started storing my shoes there. saves lots of time in the morning. :lol:
Oh dear. I just spat tea all over my computer monitor! Very funny!!!
Old 08-16-2010, 12:21 PM

I haven't been here very long either, but I haven't seen or heard of anyone being mean or rude. We all have our opinions and that is what I really like about this board...you can express your thoughts and not have to worry about how anyone will treat you. There are so many people here if one is rude there is always someone else to take up the slack. Maybe the folks that are leaving are the ones causing the problems.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:28 PM

I'm not leaving either - at least not by choice. Had a storm Saturday night and it knocked my modem out and I just got it back on. Had more e-mail than the country's debt and still answering or reading.