Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Who is Ready for Some Snow???? >

Who is Ready for Some Snow????

Who is Ready for Some Snow????

Old 01-08-2011, 07:27 PM

We are ready to just hole up here in KS, if necessary. I'm scheduled to do the BOM at a LQS, but that may not occur. I promised myself when I retired that bad weather meant stay inside and enjoy looking out the windows, lol.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tomilu
We are ready to just hole up here in KS, if necessary. I'm scheduled to do the BOM at a LQS, but that may not occur. I promised myself when I retired that bad weather meant stay inside and enjoy looking out the windows, lol.
I hear ya..we do our charity sew in Monday up in Ponca City and I will drive the hour north for that...
Old 01-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Power Poster

We had a white Christmas Eve and Christmas here and a dusting last night, not on the roads, got new and haven't gotten to use the 4 WD yet. Snow isn't a problem here, we get it, in the 80s we had two 15" snow falls and no 4 WD back then, have had one for 10 yr.s and not a whole lot of snow since.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Beachbound
Originally Posted by belmer
That is too funny..... I sure wish I could send some of ours your way, I have been hearing alot of the areas that are getting snow down south, How do you LUCKY southerners handle a winter storm, Do you have snow plows and such for your streets or do you just close up until the snow melts some? I would love to be somewhere WARM right now.
Basicly we feel that God brought it & He will get rid of it when He's ready! Seriously, I grew up in Ohio~ I KNOW what real snow is; now I live in the Atlanta area & any snow/threat of snow closes all schools, churches, etc. Life comes to a standstill...for about 3 hours until the snow is gone. 17 years ago we had 8" of snow & they still talk about it.That being said, we did have a lovely white Christmas this year & some of the snow even lasted for a few days and now we are suppose to get 3-5 inches on Monday. This has been a crazy weather year.
This post made me chuckle. I live in Ohio but am from upstate New York so to me Ohio is not very snowy!!
Actually, it's perfect for me. I love snow but not the record amounts that Syracuse gets lol :D:D
Old 01-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Banned

[/quote]This post made me chuckle. I live in Ohio but am from upstate New York so to me Ohio is not very snowy!!
Actually, it's perfect for me. I love snow but not the record amounts that Syracuse gets lol :D:D[/quote]

sorry., but ALL of your posts made me chuckle...I grew up in South MS..on the Gulf Coast, when it would snow down there, it was talked about for years.....

Then I moved to Alaska...not just anywhere in AK, but Islands like Adak, Ketchikan and the great village of Bethel....I got your snow..and the -70...temps...though must say that in Ketchikan we mostly ended up with rain.,..had more snow in PA...

now when the call for snow here in OK, I just laugh and stay inside...cuz these idiots think if you have a 4 wheel drive truck (and they all do) you must be able to drive in snow...NOT....it is safer inside....our walking if you must go out...
Old 01-09-2011, 04:19 AM

We Quebecers are looking for real snow. We get about one inch . Presently it is 23 F , In January it is usually below 0. A few years ago, while we were vacationing in Myrtle Beach , a teenager asked me , When did you take off your fur coat on your way down here. It was in July and 95F outside. I guess that this year, I can reverse the question!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:48 AM

We have 4" or more coming tonight to the Atlanta area and I am ready! A quick trip to JoAnn's today will give me something new to play with....and I am waiting for them to close schools (I'm a teacher) for tomorrow and maybe even Tuesday (we are expecting a layer of ice on the roads with a covering of snow, and Monday's temps will not melt the ice!) so I will have a definite 3 and maybe 4 day weekend!!! WOO HOOOOO!!!
Old 01-09-2011, 05:36 AM

I'm not ready, but its coming. Right now its just light flurries, but by Tuesday we are to have upward of a foot of new snow. YUCK--
Old 01-09-2011, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Originally Posted by Beachbound
Originally Posted by belmer
That is too funny..... I sure wish I could send some of ours your way, I have been hearing alot of the areas that are getting snow down south, How do you LUCKY southerners handle a winter storm, Do you have snow plows and such for your streets or do you just close up until the snow melts some? I would love to be somewhere WARM right now.
Basicly we feel that God brought it & He will get rid of it when He's ready! Seriously, I grew up in Ohio~ I KNOW what real snow is; now I live in the Atlanta area & any snow/threat of snow closes all schools, churches, etc. Life comes to a standstill...for about 3 hours until the snow is gone. 17 years ago we had 8" of snow & they still talk about it.That being said, we did have a lovely white Christmas this year & some of the snow even lasted for a few days and now we are suppose to get 3-5 inches on Monday. This has been a crazy weather year.
This post made me chuckle. I live in Ohio but am from upstate New York so to me Ohio is not very snowy!!
Actually, it's perfect for me. I love snow but not the record amounts that Syracuse gets lol :D:D
ah, yes! I guess I should have said I was in northeast Ohio & we got that fun lake effect snow....maybe the same as what you saw in NY. 8-)
Old 01-09-2011, 06:50 AM
Banned

You can keep it Billy. Here in East TN we already have enough! I like to look at it, but not drive in it. We are due for more snow Monday into Tue!

If anyone has spring time - send it my way!