Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Who is Ready for Some Snow???? >

Who is Ready for Some Snow????

Who is Ready for Some Snow????

Old 01-09-2011, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Coley Banicki
we just got 30+inches in 24hrs...u can have all of ours!
Just come 25 miles south there is only 6" and it is beautiful.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lindagor
I've geared up for the storm here in the Mississippi Delta. We're supposed to get up to 8"!!!! WOOHOO!!!! I'm originally from Wisconsin and miss snow so as you can probably tell I'm excited. The only thing I'm worried about is the ice though. I can see myself keeping warm working in my sewing room while the storm rages, but not without power!
Thats why the only machines I use are treadle powered!! I cant tell you how many times we have not had electricity and I was still ginning away!! It is already getting bad below us and its coming from the south so when it gets here it will be pretty knarly. They have upped the amount of snow to 7"+ with potentially 12" to 14" in certain parts of the county. Every year about this time we get 8'+ and a day later the roads are clear as a bell, but this time we are at the high for the entire week. So we might be stuck here a little longer than we think.

Billy
Old 01-09-2011, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by bluteddi
we currently have about 38 inches on the ground.... ( we got it gradually since Christmas) so I can send U a sample so u will know what snow looks like.....how big a box would u like???? LOL
Send some down here to Iowa !!!!! Our ground is bare and in much need of snow cover. Love the white stuff :)
Old 01-09-2011, 10:38 AM

We were in the mountains of NC yesterday and the snow was blowing and the wind howling, let me tell you. No snow at home but I hear that is changing tomorrow. Snow is ok, ice isn't. Be safe everyone.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Banned

I was informed by my wife that I needed to run to the store and pick up my sons prescriptions at the Pharmacy. :shock: I overheard my wife talking to Sue Ellen (the Pharmacist) and she said the store was a mad house and she liked to never found a parking spot. I asked her if she drove her new Porsche to work and she said it loves the snow! :lol: She was up north during Christmas in it and had to drive it home in the snow.

Like a dummy I am going out in my Hot Rod so if it starts snowing it will make an interesting drive home!

Billy
Old 01-09-2011, 11:01 AM

What can I say but "boys and their toys!" Be safe.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:26 AM

I'm here in chilly Sw Iowa and its been snowing awhile- supposed to get 5 inches today and maybe 5 inches Monday, and flurries Tuesday. I hit the grocery store, the quilt shop and the pet store. I won't need to go out for awhile!
Old 01-09-2011, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltDraggon
I'm ready here in Mississippi! Got dog food and people food and lots of sewing to do. I just hope we don't get ice because with all the trees we lose power fast with ice and I don't have a machine that sews without power.
Ready for snow here in Northeast Mississippi also. Cupboards are stocked, and sewing is waiting for me. Bring it on! I am origionally from WV and learned to drive in snow, down here I don't get out unless I have to. Some people think just cause they have a 4wd vehicle they are invincible- they are more of a hazzard than the snow!
Old 01-09-2011, 01:11 PM

Just got a gallon of milk and a few other supplies. This will be a good time to finish my daughter's t-shirt quilt. Let it snow! (just don't want to lose power)
Old 01-09-2011, 02:34 PM

well I've spent the afternoon prepping for the storm.....I'm all caught up on sleep! No storm gets in the way of my Sunday afternoon nap lol! It is cold here. Dh just got a call from his boss to call in the morning and see if they are working or not. Will depend on the roads. I'm making a roast for soup later on and the porch is full of wood and the woodstove is cranked up full force. My treadle stands ready.....back in 2002 (I think) we had a major ice storm here. It was beautiful but MANY went without power for weeks afterward. Ours was only out a day but I had a baby to keep warm with no wood and a very inefficient fireplace. Now I'm ready...wood and wood heat so no worries if power goes out and oil lamps for light.