Why did you marry?

Old 02-15-2011, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by LoisN
He made me laugh...still does. 28 years later, it must have been the right decision. He's a keeper.
I was going to say the same about my DH- been married forty years as of October, 2010. He brings me back to earth when I start to get too serious, with a laugh.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:26 PM

Because he challenged me by saying, "You don't want to marry me, do you?"

What could I say but, "Yes!"?We were best friends back then. That was 41 years ago.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:29 PM

I have to laugh! we were so stupid back then but fortunately God had a plan. He was shipping out in a week (Army) I happened to have a day off so ta-da! We got married! We'll have our 43rd anniversary Feb. 17 - and we still delight in each other's company, eat dinner by candlelight at least weekly. He brings me coffee in bed every morning and I hide little hearts in his ski boots, banjo case, etc. We thank God for each other and His blessings on our marriage. "And they lived happily ever after." The end
Old 02-15-2011, 06:30 PM

We were in Vegas at an APA pool tourament. The strip bus stopped out front of the Little White Wedding Chapel for a pick up and he said this is our stop. We held hands as we walked right to the door and walked in and I was dumber that a box of rocks. Married 20 minutes later. It has been 14 years.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:33 PM

At this point in time I'm not sure !!!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:33 PM

I have to laugh! we were so stupid back then but fortunately God had a plan. He was shipping out in a week (Army) I happened to have a day off so ta-da! We got married! We'll have our 43rd anniversary Feb. 17 - and we still delight in each other's company, eat dinner by candlelight at least weekly. He brings me coffee in bed every morning and I hide little hearts in his ski boots, banjo case, etc. We thank God for each other and His blessings on our marriage. "And they lived happily ever after." The end
Old 02-15-2011, 06:34 PM
Power Poster

Because I had nothing else planned for that day. :lol: :lol:
Old 02-15-2011, 06:35 PM

I needed a good father for my son who was seven at the time. I was a single parent and prayed for the best life mate and got a winner! 35 years later we had two more sons and life Is good!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:39 PM
mim

Let's see -- DH #1 said he would kill himself if I didn't and I didn't want him to hurt himself -- I stayed 26 years and he found a mistress and tried to make a trio of us -- DH # 2 wasloving and warm -- He died after 13 years..

Now I just got married again to the most wonderful, caring guy -- He thinks I am perfect and admires my quilting and computer skills. This was a total surprise after 14 years of being a widow.

So it is never too late to find happiness

Mim

Originally Posted by Beth33
Besides "I loved him/her", why did you decide to get married?
Old 02-15-2011, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I was a young woman working as a car hop, his long time employees told me he was a good boss, didn't drink, treated them so good that they stayed for years with him, plus he was a darn good looking and courteous man! I spilled a cup of coffee on his lap to get his attention, and we were married 39 1/2 years when he passed away 4 years ago. Still miss him. Always will.
so sorry for your loss. Having lost my son 2 years ago, I have known grief - and my heart aches for you and your great loss. Yes, life goes on - but it's never the same. I wish you well.