Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Why Do We Have To Shave Our Legs? >

Why Do We Have To Shave Our Legs?

Why Do We Have To Shave Our Legs?

Old 02-22-2010, 11:36 AM

Well, you know I just had to jump in on this one......just not sure what to comment :-)
Old 02-22-2010, 11:49 AM

Shaving is over-rated!...just tell Hubby they are Canadian wool socks!
:)
Old 02-22-2010, 12:03 PM

My DH keeps telling me I don't need to shave my legs!!
I am fortunate that I have blond hair on my legs. I only shave to about 3" above my knee, it's all blond so you can't see it. I will go weeks during the winter without shaving. I did shave this morning cause I need to see the Dr on Thursday about my knee.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:15 PM

I used to shave every day otherwise could not stand myself. I shaved in the shower with just my shower gel and my razor. Now that I am almost 55, I only have to shave about once a month if that on the legs and still do everyday underarms beccause I don't like the feel otherwise.

DH has never said a word about shaving or not but I like the feel of smooth soft legs and they have alway's been one of my better assets :oops:

As far as shaving above your knees...it is an old wives tale as far as I am concerned about your hair getting more course and hairy. My ex-SIL was German and did not shave. Sorry, but it was disgusting.

Next question?
Old 02-22-2010, 12:17 PM

I used to shave every day otherwise could not stand myself. I shaved in the shower with just my shower gel and my razor. Now that I am almost 55, I only have to shave about once a month if that on the legs and still do everyday underarms beccause I don't like the feel otherwise.

DH has never said a word about shaving or not but I like the feel of smooth soft legs and they have alway's been one of my better assets :oops:

As far as shaving above your knees...it is an old wives tale as far as I am concerned about your hair getting more course and hairy. My ex-SIL was German and did not shave. Sorry, but it was disgusting.

Bill-smart man. You are wise. What we don't reveal about ourselves on here. Oh well, if we don't ask we ...

Next question?
Old 02-22-2010, 12:21 PM

it separates us from the 'lower ' life beings, dogs, cats, horses I don't think Chimps shave... thank Darwin, oh yeah, and the industrial age; when we were all working 20 hour days, no one cared if we had shaved legs. As far as far as the dryness, have you tried shaving with baby oil? it'll gum up your razor a bit. Bag Balm is great after a shave, it's not Chanel #5,but you'll be soft.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by RatherB Quilting
Shaving is over-rated!...just tell Hubby they are Canadian wool socks!
:)
LOL
Old 02-22-2010, 12:35 PM

Lol, that's all that needed to be added - Bag Balm... ROTFL...

I use Aveeno shave gel, love it. After many years of listening to friends ask why I bothered in the winter, I've let it go a couple of times this year. At least long enough so it's not scratchy stubble, like a couple of weeks. Just hate the way it feels, but it's nice to save a bit of time in the morning.

Most of the year, it's every other day. My dad used to tease me, said I had hair on my arms like a log cutter (or something, don't remember exactly). Well, the whole body is that way.

I do notice that the eye brows are thinning, they seem to have gone south to my chin.

Both DD's shave... hmmm... a lot? I keep asking if it isn't itchy, don't those hairs get grown in? Yuck. No heart patterns, at least that I know of, lol.

Tried waxing, and sugaring, but found both to be too much trouble to keep up.

Funny topic!
Old 02-22-2010, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lisanne
Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
What about my Sister's mustache?......... :lol: :lol: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Can I tell her that she can get rid of her Lady Norelco soon?
LOL, no, facial hair only gets worse as you age. Chin hairs sprout...

What I want to know is, how old do you have to be before the leg and pit hair eases up? I'm 50 now.
If that's the case about the chin hair, should I get her a weed whacker for X-mas?
Old 02-22-2010, 12:41 PM

I don't shave my legs much in the winter either, only for special occasions and only below the knee in the winter unless I'm going swimming.

As for how far "up", I only shave what can be seen when wearing shorts, nothing higher. My bathing suit has a little skirt on it, so no one is going to see what's above it anyway. :D

I have dry skin and have to use a moisturizer any time I shave my legs.

Chin hair? I thought those were misplaced eyebrows! :lol: :lol: