Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Why Do We Have To Shave Our Legs? >

Why Do We Have To Shave Our Legs?

Why Do We Have To Shave Our Legs?

Old 02-22-2010, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Now when I worked out all the time (20's through my middle 30's) and according to my wife, had a body of a "God" I used to shave my entire body.
Sorry, but bleahhh! I like hair on men, though I sure do wish they'd shave their pits.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by earthwalker
I'm married to a Sicilian, so he couldn't care less if I stopped. I epilate, hurts like hell the first time or so, but then you get used to it.
My husband is also Sicilian, and prefers that I shave. My previous Doctor advised me to stop shaving my underarms due to the lumps I get there. I told her "never". She said its natural to have hair there and it shouldn't be shaved. She said women in France and Denmark don't shave, I told her this wasn't Europe...lol
Old 02-22-2010, 10:23 PM

For years I used an epilady. It pulls the hair out by the root. After while it just stopped growing back except for a few here and there. So now, I only shave a couple of times in the summer for wearing shorts. But I slather on lotion every time I shower.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:58 AM

I read somewhere in the distant past (wil not go into the decade thing) that saloon girls of the old west started shaving there legs because the men liked it. Thus it started............
Old 02-23-2010, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Originally Posted by janRN
So why does the hair on your head turn grey or white while the chin hairs are always dark black???
LOL, I don't know let me ask my sister..haha
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 02-23-2010, 01:45 PM

have you ever seen a woman that don,t shave and wear nylon, not a pertty sight it,s like my husband with nyon,s on lol and i,ve seen woman that don,t shave their under arms ,oh my ,they look like man dress as women lol
Old 02-23-2010, 01:57 PM

Santa Cruz California in the late '70's. Omg, I was on a field trip with my little sisters class and this woman had on a tank top and hairy pits, looked like two bushes under her arms....yucky :shock: :thumbdown:
Old 02-23-2010, 04:45 PM

nope if he don'y like it he knows where he can go they don't shave legs of arm pits in europ so why should we i just shave when going some place i need to were a dress or when wareing sleavless shirts and winter is not the time for that
Old 02-23-2010, 04:59 PM

Hi Marsye, Know what you mean about winter itch !! Keeps me awake at night. My solution is as follows: Put about a quarter cup of uncooked oatmeal in a container ( an 8 oz glass should do it ) then fill with lukewarm water.
stir a few seconds and then let it sit for awhile. The oatmeal will settle to the bottom and you can pour (gently ) the water over your legs. Let it air dry. Helps me and sure hope it does the same for you.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:02 PM

:hunf: Well, I can tell, you are a young sprout!!! Back in the dark ages, 40' 50's, we wore nylon stockings with a garter belt or girdle. The stockings attached to such parifilania (sp?). Anyway, the nylon stockings would be sheer and show the hairs on the leg all crumpled up and going this way or that, not good. The stockings didn't stretch either, best I recall. When DH told me I didn't have to wear that girdle, I was thrilled, but I still had to do the garter belt thing, ugh! Silvia