Why?

Old 11-23-2010, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
Hey, did you guys know that Mr. Ed was actually a zebra...?

lol, okay ;-)
Old 11-23-2010, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by nursie76
Originally Posted by okie
I don't know what "status" people are talking about but this is just a question, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other, just thought I would start a question kind of like the one that was here a few days or week ago about the purple thang. Not trying to start a negative debate just a friendly one. I personally do not reply to a subject I don't have an answer for. If it's something I too would like to know I just go back and look at it from time to time. This is what I was doing when I found several replies but the question was never answered. If I ask a question and no one has an answer, no problem. This is a very knowledgeable group of people and if I don't get an answer to a quilting question it's probably because I didn't word the question right and no one knows what I'm talking about, this is called my brain in working one way and my fingers another :)

I didn't mean to make peole get so defensive and angry in some cases. At least some of the replies seem angry. I better go back to being silent and just looking. Have a great one.
I hope you don't stay silent, I think we all like to discuss many different topics and we all have curiosity questions once in a while. The folks on this board are awesome. But as on any board, when you communicate with the written (typed) word, you lose the ability to "read" the mood of the message because we can't see the body language or hear the tone of the persons voice. Actually I think this is question has received some interesting answers....just goes to show you how many ways a thing can be perceived.

Have a great day!

I was thinking the same thing. If someone types out their response things do sometimes come across as being rude. I sure hope that my response didn't sound that way to you, I wouldn't ever intend to be rude to anyone on here. I really enjoy this place and everyone being so helpful and friendly. :0) I sure hope you don't stay silent you were just asking a question that like anything else some see things a little differently, that is the fun part of the board. If we all did the same things we wouldn't be posting pictures of what we were making.........they'd all be the same and BORING!! :-) I never would have thought about upping my repsonses for it to show more, I could care less about that. I just want to try to be as helpful as some have been to me on here.

Have a wonderful day,
HUGS!
Angie S
Old 11-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Administrator

i love it when we argue about whether or not we should argue.

the timing is perfect.

i've had my head in network security training all day.

i needed the laugh.

many thanks! :thumbup: :XD:
Old 11-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Power Poster

I will post on a topic when I want the answer also. For example there was a posting on what type of quilting to do on a jelly roll quilt. I am very interested in what others are doing on theirs. I suppose I could just hit WATCH but I didn't think of that.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Power Poster

Many personalities here, many friendly people, many comments being made :D:D:D

Sometimes a question being asked is the first thing a member may have posted here, so it isn't unusual to see many greetings instead of answers :wink:

If you want to keep an eye on a topic, you don't have to comment unless you want to. There is an option to just click watch and then you can be notified the same as having made a comment.

At the top of the page, just above the poster's question is the word watch, just click on that :D:D:D
Old 11-23-2010, 11:57 AM

Amma, Thank you, I'm still sort of new and didn't know that was there. Thanks!!! :-)
Old 11-23-2010, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by DebraK
Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
Hey, did you guys know that Mr. Ed was actually a zebra...?

lol, okay ;-)
whoa--I certainly did not know that, but I think it is legal in California!
Old 11-23-2010, 04:01 PM

I don't comment if I don't have an answer. I rarely read anything with more than 5 pages. I look at way more pictures than I comment on too. I love reading the different topics and if I can't answer I still feel as though I've learned something. The written word has no warmth so I hope the messages you felt rude or nasty were just that words not comments meant to hurt.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i love it when we argue about whether or not we should argue.

the timing is perfect.

i've had my head in network security training all day.

i needed the laugh.

many thanks! :thumbup: :XD:
ROFLMBO...so true
Old 11-24-2010, 04:55 PM

I didn't know there was such a thing as "top poster" of the day. Goes to show how little I know. I don't normally post because I don't think I have anything to tell people that they probably don't already know. But there are questions asked that I would love the answer too. The curiosity question sort of sounded like "if you don't have something intelligent to say, don't say anything at all". The folks on this board are fantastic and I hope it never changes.