Why?

Old 11-24-2010, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by poodlemom
I didn't know there was such a thing as "top poster" of the day. Goes to show how little I know. I don't normally post because I don't think I have anything to tell people that they probably don't already know. But there are questions asked that I would love the answer too. The curiosity question sort of sounded like "if you don't have something intelligent to say, don't say anything at all". The folks on this board are fantastic and I hope it never changes.
I would like to put this question to rest. I never said "if you don't have something intelligent to say, don't say anything at all" I didn't suggest anyone change the way they do things. I haven't suggested or implied anything.
I knew there was a reason people responded and I was just curious as to why. I NEVER said it was wrong. I have not judged or put anyone down for responding to a question if they didn't have an answer. Welcoming someone new on the board, showing friendliness, wanting to know the same thing that was asked, etc are just a few of the responses. Makes perfect sense.
LESSON LEARNED: Curiosity killed the cat, no more curiosity.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:43 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
Well, I do it out of kindness to the person, acknowledging that I've seen their question, sympathize, and wish I could help. Sometimes I'd also like to know the answer myself, and it's an easy way to mark.

I guess you could look at it another way: would you want a hundred views and no acknowledgement at all? Would you feel like you've asked a dumb question or we were unfriendly if no one said hello? I would. Which is why I try not to do that.
What she said..
Old 11-24-2010, 08:03 PM

okie

she has asked for subject to be PUT TO REST !!
PLEASE RESPECT HER WISHES.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:16 PM

Hey, did you guys know that Mr. Ed was actually a zebra...?

Seriously????
Old 11-25-2010, 12:03 PM

[quote=okie]This is a curosity question, when someone asks a question and you don't know or have an opinion about the question why do you answer, saying I don't know but welcome, etc. [quote]

I don't know, but WELCOME!
(just had to answer, and in a round about way, let you know you're importnt enougfh to get a response on Thankggiving day! Can you imagine if you asked near Cristmas? )
Just in a thankful mood right now. I'm all dressed up and hubby, me, and our oldest son and daughtejust spent an enjoyable meal at a Thanksgiving buffet. They cooked, they cleaned, they even used my camera, and took our picture so that I can send it, and a picture of the chair that was laft empty, to be sent to our yougest son who's on the USS Ronald Reagan
Old 11-25-2010, 12:05 PM

[quote=okie][quote=poodlemom]
I would like to put this question to rest. [quote]

sorry, didn't see this
Old 11-25-2010, 12:08 PM

Next, we're gonna hear Lassie's a cat
Old 11-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Power Poster

I'm pretty sure "Lassie" was a "he" in the movies or TV shows instead of a "she" because male dogs are "prettier/handsomer"
Old 11-25-2010, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by RugosaB
Next, we're gonna hear Lassie's a cat
lol! I love your humor ;-)
Old 11-25-2010, 03:36 PM

I have received Okie's permission to make my apology to her in this post.
Quote from Private Message:
Okie, I did misunderstand the purpose of your question in the post 'Why'. It did make me angry and I did respond in anger.
I apologize and I am sorry.
With your explanations in the post I understand the original purpose of your question. I will grow from this experience. I should have sent you a pm and asked how you meant the post to be taken. I would do that next time rather than making an update in the post.
You are a longstanding member and have had the opportunity (as I have) to see the ?controversial? posts that turned into arguments between members. I apologize, when I read your post some of these other posts popped into my mind and I dubbed your post as controversial. As well, there have been other post on the same topic as yours. One was near the time I joined the Quiltingboard and I took it personally. As a new member, I felt faulted for making one word responses.
I am sorry your post went downhill and I take responsibility for my play in that having happened. You asked that the subject be put to rest so I did not make this update in the post. I will if you want me to.
Respectfully, Dorothy