Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Are you wearing a veil or getting Botox???  Crazy questions we get! >

Are you wearing a veil or getting Botox??? Crazy questions we get!

Are you wearing a veil or getting Botox??? Crazy questions we get!

Old 08-29-2012, 05:47 AM

hmm....shooting botulisium toxin into my face to give myself paralisis......NOT !
I hail those actresses (Diane Keaton being one off the top of my head) who choose to age gracefully.
I recall her saying in an interview once......."I preferr to age authenticaly".......me too.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:01 AM

Sybil Shepard is another actress who hasn't had any work done on her face and I admire her for it. A few years ago an actress was on tv...I forget now who it was but my dh said "she didn't age well". I said she has it's just that she is aging naturally without "work" done on her face. I could see a light bulb went on in his head and he said you are right! Robert Redford is another one that has no work done and it shows. But you never near anyone knocking him because he is aging "naturally".

A pet peeve of mine is the magazine ads for mascara...how the actress have FAKE eye lashes on. Some look like they are wearing the brush from the mascara on their eyes!! Do they think we are stupid?? I watched on HBO recently a show about older models. A few of them said they actually have less work now since the "stars" are now on all the magazine covers and rarely a model. That was interesting.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:02 AM

I've never worn make-up. And there is no way I'd sit still for Botox.yuk. A former SIL said and I quote 'oh you would look sooo pretty if you would wear make-up. She left me speechless but not my DSH he promptly told her that I was the most beautifully real and the prettiest woman he's ever known. I wear the face I was born with -I've earned every wrinkle-laugh line and crows toe I have. No camouflage for me.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
I guess if you want to say that but wearing makeup is "fake" too isnt it? We both wore makeup as do most brides. She just took care of her "smoker" brow. I just giggled at her question to me...I could use some Botox now....ten years later! LOL! But I HATE needles.

Sandy
Makeup doesn't change the shape of your face.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:25 AM

Not related to weddings, but after we had our daughter, who has two older brothers, someone I barely knew said to me, "Well you've had your girl - now you can quit." Where do people get off?
Old 08-29-2012, 09:34 AM
HMK

A neighbour of ours who is almost 80 needs to have occasional botox injections to relax her vocal cords so she can talk. What she is dealing with is spasmodic dysphonia. It works for her and she's been having them for a few years. Without them, she can't say anything. So not all botox is just for "beauty".
Old 08-29-2012, 07:28 PM

I can hardly make myself go to the dermatologist for the things I need, I could never let someone poke me with needles just to look younger.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by nygal View Post
Sybil Shepard is another actress who hasn't had any work done on her face and I admire her for it. A few years ago an actress was on tv...I forget now who it was but my dh said "she didn't age well". I said she has it's just that she is aging naturally without "work" done on her face. I could see a light bulb went on in his head and he said you are right! Robert Redford is another one that has no work done and it shows. But you never near anyone knocking him because he is aging "naturally".

A pet peeve of mine is the magazine ads for mascara...how the actress have FAKE eye lashes on. Some look like they are wearing the brush from the mascara on their eyes!! Do they think we are stupid?? I watched on HBO recently a show about older models. A few of them said they actually have less work now since the "stars" are now on all the magazine covers and rarely a model. That was interesting.
I admire Jamie Lee Curtis, too, because she's let her hair go gray & the whole nine. Bully for her! Ditto Roseanne Barr. These chicks who had their faces pulled so tight that they can't even close their eyes -- do they think that's attractive? I think it's gross!

The mascara ads make me mad, too. And how about that new medicine you can take to make your eyelashes thicker? Are we that vain anymore? That stuff has all kinds of dire warnings connected to it. Isn't that what mascara is for to begin with? Crazy!

When I first moved here to WI, I was asked if my engagement/wedding ring was real (it was), if my breats were real (they are). how much I weighed (about 100 pounds) & how much my husband made (i had no idea). What happened to manners? I would never DREAM to asking ANYBODY that stuff... not even my best friend!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by HMK View Post
A neighbour of ours who is almost 80 needs to have occasional botox injections to relax her vocal cords so she can talk. What she is dealing with is spasmodic dysphonia. It works for her and she's been having them for a few years. Without them, she can't say anything. So not all botox is just for "beauty".
I have a friend who has Botox injections for her migraines & she says they're a life-saver. But that's a whole different deal.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:54 PM

Hey, come on... most brides are practically unrecognizable on their wedding day. They should be when you figure what so many spend (or Daddy spends) on their wedding.