Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Ask WalMart to get fabric back in stores >

Ask WalMart to get fabric back in stores

Ask WalMart to get fabric back in stores

Old 01-10-2011, 09:36 AM

Ok...I sent one to 'Walmart Corporation Headquarters'. I think that is the best place for them to go...right?
Old 01-10-2011, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by granky
Ok...I sent one to 'Walmart Corporation Headquarters'. I think that is the best place for them to go...right?
Yes, I think so. They really need to hear from a lot of us, though.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Power Poster

I wrote earlier today and just got a response from them. They said they took out the bolts of fabric in favor of a celebration center. I wrote back and told them they were crazy and I saw nothing in their store to celebrate. Bet I am on their s*** list but the truth is the truth
Old 01-11-2011, 04:46 AM

Thanks for the link. I just sent my plea.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:53 AM

I sent it to corporate.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:15 AM

I received a response as well, and it sounds like the same corporate mantra. My response was that I don't throw parties, and even if I did, wasting money on decorations would not be a priority.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:18 AM
nab

this is the reply I got this am (1-11-11):

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the fabric department in your local store. As with any merchandise decision that we make, we have based our decision to reduce the stitching and fabric departments on customer demand, which does not appear to be as high today for a full stitching and fabric offering in some markets as it may have been at Walmart in the past.

In keeping with our emphasis on being a store of the community, Walmart is converting the fabrics and crafts department in some stores to a newly expanded assortment of merchandise that focuses on life's celebrations. We are thrilled to offer our customers this exciting new crafts and celebrations center that makes available craft and party planning needs along with information on current trends and new ideas in the area of life's celebrations, such as holidays, weddings and birthdays.

In those stores where the new crafts and celebrations center is placed, merchandise commonly referred to as 'notions' will be included in the product offerings - such as sewing machines, yarn, needles, thread, etc. As a part of this conversion, most of our new and remodeled stores that opened earlier this year, as well as a small number of existing stores, will feature the new crafts and celebrations center in place of bolt fabrics. Walmart will continue to carry cut fabric in most of our stores. Due to the continued evaluation of our stores, we are unable to share a list of existing stores scheduled to receive the new crafts and celebrations center at this time.

Sincerely,
Walmart Customer Care

"Life's Celebrations" LOL
Maybe if enough of us reply they will hear us. All we can do is hope.
This was my reply:

You people up-top do not know what your customer's want because you never ask the people who will not give you the answer you want. You go on about your business not really caring about your customers. You will loose us people who truly love the fabric department. Why do you not ask the people who work in fabrics or who shop in fabrics? No, someone who loves to quilt or sew is not the one making the decisions. Most people here go to the Dollar Store or Party America for "Life's Celebration" as you call it. I am really disappointed in Wal-Mart, I expected better.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:19 AM

Why? All they sell is low grade fabrics and rude clerks to wait on you.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:19 AM

Just sent my 'rant'..which is what I'm sure they will consider it. I guess we will see what they tell me. Let you know later.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:25 AM

Nab, I received the same email from them.

Quilter41, When I can find somebody to wait on me in WalMart's fabric department, they are always nice. In fact, I am surprised at just how nice all the employees are at our local WalMArt. Of course, I now live in a small town, and the biggest store here IS the WalMart. When I lived in a big city, that was different. Also, big cities have fabric stores, so we were not so dependent on WalMart there. Here in Mena, WallyWorld is the only place to get fabric without having to drive a couple of hours.