Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Ask WalMart to get fabric back in stores >

Ask WalMart to get fabric back in stores

Ask WalMart to get fabric back in stores

Old 01-11-2011, 10:32 AM

Just sent my 2 cents in!!
Old 01-11-2011, 12:03 PM

OK, ladies, if you belong to any clubs, guilds, online groups, yahoo groups, whatever, be sure to give them the link:

http://walmartstores.com/contactus/feedback.aspx

and ask them to write in to corporate. All it takes is one executive to remember what customer service is all about to make a difference.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:05 PM

Just sent a email to our Walmart in Clanton, Alabama. They have been getting so much fabric in just bolts of it. When I spoke to a salesperson she told me that when it was gone there would be no more, they are not to re-order. What a shame the fabric it beautiful and there is just so much.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Glenda m
Well I got my reply. Is this what everyone else got..do they just change the name and send a form letter?

Dear Glenda,

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the fabric department in your local store. As with any merchandise decision that we make, we have based our decision to reduce the stitching and fabric departments on customer demand, which does not appear to be as high today for a full stitching and fabric offering in some markets as it may have been at Walmart in the past.

In keeping with our emphasis on being a store of the community, Walmart is converting the fabrics and crafts department in some stores to a newly expanded assortment of merchandise that focuses on life's celebrations. We are thrilled to offer our customers this exciting new crafts and celebrations center that makes available craft and party planning needs along with information on current trends and new ideas in the area of life's celebrations, such as holidays, weddings and birthdays.

In those stores where the new crafts and celebrations center is placed, merchandise commonly referred to as 'notions' will be included in the product offerings - such as sewing machines, yarn, needles, thread, etc. As a part of this conversion, most of our new and remodeled stores that opened earlier this year, as well as a small number of existing stores, will feature the new crafts and celebrations center in place of bolt fabrics. Walmart will continue to carry cut fabric in most of our stores. Due to the continued evaluation of our stores, we are unable to share a list of existing stores scheduled to receive the new crafts and celebrations center at this time.

Sincerely,
Walmart Customer Care
Yeap, this is the same reply that I got...word for word :-(
Old 01-11-2011, 01:23 PM

I sent one to my local WM and to Corporate Headquarters! Sure hope this works! I really want them to bring back the fabric section!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 01:59 PM
4L

Our new Walmart has a fabric dept. but it is not "fun." It does not draw you in like a fabric area should.. There are other Walmarts with fabric areas where I can spend much more time and $$. This one disappoints me.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by k9dancer
Here is the web address for WalMart:

Choose "Company feedback and questions" and tell them what you want. If they hear from a few thousand of us, it could just work.
Okay I did my part .. Hopefully it will work with all of us sending emails !!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by k9dancer
Here is the web address for WalMart:

Choose "Company feedback and questions" and tell them what you want. If they hear from a few thousand of us, it could just work.
I just emailed them....I hope, I hope!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:44 PM

No wonder New York is fighting them all the way! The new pups in the corporate office will find out soon enough - don't mess with Grandmas. Sears did a lot of the same things, and almost lost everything. They got the bright new management fad idea to replace all the fulltime employees with part-timers. They're back up again, but nothing like they could have been.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:47 PM

I went to our Wal-mart her in South St.Pete. Florida and they said they are not leaving and they just received a whole new shipment of fabric that matches. They got in Thomas Kinkad material and is it ever beautiful. Prices are only $5.55 a yard for that. Other prices are $2.50 to $4.44.They also had materil that I bought at JoAnn's for $8.95 and I only paid $4.44 for the same material.