Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: "Cathedral Window" Style Jean Quilt

"Cathedral Window" Style Jean Quilt

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    I love doing these quilts! Easy and goes fast

I do have to try this, need another picnic quilt for the kids. Thanks for posting
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

Blog Entries
    I have also seen this done with double sided circles and called a tortilla quilt.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Blog Entries
    Love how easy this is. Thanks for posting

Wow. I can't even begin to imagine how heavy a cath.window quilt would be with jeans Wow.

Power Poster
    I made my girlfriend one last Christmas and it turned out great and she loves it....

question: the zig-zag stitching on edges of flaps.....are they right on edge or in a little to allow for "ragging" after washing? I have a shopping bag filled with jeans donated to me by a friend.....this might be a good way to make a dent in that bag..............

I've made one for my niece and another for my nephew. The one I made for my nephew.. I left a tiny bit of jean on the outside of the tight zigzag stitching to allow a little fraying. It adds a bit more dimension to the quilt! The first one I did for my neice and didn't leave the fraying edge. These quilts are HEAVY and perfect to add on top of your covers in a cold night. They are also rugged and great for spreading on the grass for a picnic.

Here's the one I did for my niece.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t160747.html
    So many ideas... so many projects.. so little time!
    ~Phadrea

Oh My Gosh!!! I never knew!! Thanks So Much! the son may get that denim lap quilt yet!!! ; )

Very cute quilt Incoming2me. I love how you did the back.
    I didn't do a satin stitch, I did a lighter zig zag because I wanted a bit of fray.
    Junipergal...you are right....It was a monster to sew the rows together, very heavy quilt....but i bet that quilt lasts three hundred years!!
    Its the one my DD wants to sell for 1,000.00 HA...good luck with that I told her.

Quote Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
    Wow. I can't even begin to imagine how heavy a cath.window quilt would be with jeans Wow.
    I have made at least 3 of these and YES, they are very heavy the bigger they get. My truck driving son has one in his truck. That quilt can really take the rough and tumble. LOL
    You can get older, but you never have to grow up! Tomorrow's just a future yesterday!-Greg Fergerson

Anyone make one of these with one flannel circle and one denim circle and the flannel on the bottom? Seems easier than putting a square inside the topside circle.?? A quilt would be nice with lace inset like the bag, second pic down http://quiltworld2.blogspot.fi/2013/...al-window.html

thanks.I like that you draw the square on them prior to sewing.I have bins full of denim-hmm may start cutting circles.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter