Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Free Mystery Quilt starting April 1 >

Free Mystery Quilt starting April 1

Free Mystery Quilt starting April 1

Old 05-11-2008, 06:32 PM

Sorry if my post confused, they are 4" squares, 400 of them, which I spose makes it even worse really. :oops: :lol: They'll turn up one day, when I'm looking for something else :lol:
Old 05-11-2008, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by ShellyQ
Sorry if my post confused, they are 4" squares, 400 of them, which I spose makes it even worse really. :oops: :lol: They'll turn up one day, when I'm looking for something else :lol:
Four inch :?: LOL That makes it even funnier :!: :D
Old 05-12-2008, 05:11 AM

Hi everyone!!

I am back from my trip south and ooooh boy have I got some serious catch up to do!!! I knew I would probably miss Step 3 while I was away, but geez, now there is a step 4!! I see I am going to be sewing up a storm this week!

I have been home a week, but was sick with a nasty viral infection I picked up while hiking in the Cuban Jungle high in the mountains.. I was off work a full week in bed getting over this bug. I am back in the office today and heard the boss is away until Wednesday, so I can catch up on the messages and see what new stuff is happening! I read through everyone's posts here and I love how everyone's blocks are looking!!

Missed you all!!

Cheers!
Old 05-12-2008, 06:20 AM

Wow Aggi, sorry to hear you got so sick. I thought you were suppose to be back a week ago, but then I thought maybe I had it wrong. Well besides being sick when you got home, did you have a good time? Any pictures to share? Well I just finished step three. I really have to decide what I will be using for step four fabric. I had decided but now changed my mind, because I think the colors are too muted. :roll: Oh well, I am just going to have to put some colors in it my DH may not like. I think what I will do is take a pic, of my original colors and get some advice from everyone. I am terrible at colors. Really! And I am also a little color blind. Have a lot of problems with blues and purples, and yellows, golds and beige. Tch,Tch. Okay off I go to get some things done. Will post pictures later so you all get ready to honestly tell me what you think. :-o
Old 05-12-2008, 07:25 AM

Hi DonnaRae!! Its good to be home again. Looks like I have alot of sewing ahead of me. For now I will work on Step #3 and then Thursday night during my sewing group I will take all the blocks I have made so far and choose the best fabrics to go with those blocks. I have a couple in mind that might work. I think I will have to look for more shades of my blue, green and yellow to continue making some of those blocks as I think I have used up what scraps I had put aside already!!!

Yes we had a wonderful time and we took well over 800 photos!! LOL Mind you I won't be posting that many here LOL!! I find choose my favourites and post! We did soooooooo much and only spent one full day on the resort!! The rest of the time we were on excursions and wouldn't get back to the resort until supper time. We would be in bed before 11 as we would have to get up early the next morning to meet the bus at 8am for our next adventure!!! I keep a travel journal and still have so much to write in it. I want to get to that soon before things are forgotten!!!

I will post photos of what I have done so far with this mystery quilt soon!

Cheers
Old 05-12-2008, 06:19 PM

Glad you had a good time Aggi, but so sorry to hear you ended up getting sick.
Take care of your self.
Happy sewing
Old 05-14-2008, 01:45 AM

Glad you're feeling better now Aggie. Here are my star blocks, I've just made the 4 so far to see how they would look with different coloured star points, I used solids and semi solids. I think I'll be able to get away with it, because repeating the black helps pull it together. It will be interesting to see whether I'll be able to figure something out when we get to the next step :lol:

Attached Thumbnails attachment-48957.jpe  
Old 05-14-2008, 02:26 AM

Those look Great Shelly
Old 05-14-2008, 02:45 AM

ooooooooooooooooh Shelly I LOVE your blocks!!!! the black makes them more dramatic!!! I am hoping to get cracking on Step 3 before the weekend if at all possible. This is a long weekend here so I hope to get some sewing in. I am hoping to take all of Monday to sew my little heart out!
Old 05-14-2008, 02:51 AM

I'm going to go through my stash to see if I have enough yardage, but if not, guess i will have to go shopping. (what a shame) lol