Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Heads Up: Virus on Pinterest >

Heads Up: Virus on Pinterest

Heads Up: Virus on Pinterest

Old 10-20-2017, 02:56 PM

I have had this happen to me too. So far I have been able to close out the entire page by hitting the X in the upper right corner. Then reopen the original page and NOT go to that link again. And I hate it too when all of a sudden you get an "ah snap" and there is nothing on any of the pages; so you have to close them all out and start over. It happened while I was writing this! Stupid server and slow router I guess.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:39 AM
Suz

Why is this happening? Did you notice that there are two advertisements listed among our dialogues on this thread? I have noticed also the blank spaces wherein an ad could be shown. Why?? Why?? We have more important items to discuss and to alert each other. Right?
Old 10-21-2017, 07:40 AM

we just had a new one happen to us that had not been seen on ipads my husband did not have a security number to open his ipad and someone got in, froze it and wanted money before they would open with a six number code instead of usual four we took it to the shop some how they could only repair it using a lap top but at least he did not lose anything they call it ransome ware and his came up ipad stolen so if something like that happens TOUCH NOTHING take it to your shop and always have a security code
Old 10-21-2017, 02:50 PM

Suz- This was on Pinterest, not here on QB.
I posted the heads up thinking others like me would be looking at Holiday items.
The alert of a virus does not come up until after you hit the download button, I was fortunate enough that our malware caught it, maybe for the next person might not be as lucky.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...
Old 10-22-2017, 11:41 AM
Suz

On my screen, between responses #10 and #11 is a blank space. I was questioning spaces similar to it. Sometimes there are advertisements in a similar space.