Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
If you're wondering about pricing your quilts...(Amish Reference) >

If you're wondering about pricing your quilts...(Amish Reference)

If you're wondering about pricing your quilts...(Amish Reference)

Old 03-08-2013, 06:55 AM

There's an Amish auction about an hour from me every year to support their local schools. Ove Amish made 100 quilts are auctioned each time. The quilts go from $500 up to around $2200 or so. The more handwork intensive, the more expensive they sell for. This one would definitely have sold for well over $1500. We've one the past three years just to see the quilts and the workmanship. Two years ago, I got two quilts for a really good price at the tail end of the auction. One was a triple Irish chain that I paid $350 for and the other was a little more intricate pieced quilt that I paid $400 for. Both were made with quality LQS quilt fabric. All of the quilts there are handquilted.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Morag View Post
I have heard that quilts are being sold as an Amish quilt but have really been made in China...Not saying this one has but....just sending on what I have heard.....Buyer beware!!!!!
When I first saw the picture I wondered if it was even made by the Amish. I guess I have never seen an applique quilt made by the Amish.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:40 AM
Power Poster

stunning quilt. no matter what my taste I would be thrilled to get something like that!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:58 AM

Never! That is ridiculous!
Old 03-09-2013, 02:25 PM
ro
Banned

i can't remember what quilting magazine, and it was last year, had an article in it saying people in china, thailand, cant remember exactly where but the quilts for amish are being quilted in these countries and then sent back to usa and being sold as amish made. i wish i could find that article. anyone else remember this article?
Old 03-09-2013, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by ro View Post
i can't remember what quilting magazine, and it was last year, had an article in it saying people in china, thailand, cant remember exactly where but the quilts for amish are being quilted in these countries and then sent back to usa and being sold as amish made. i wish i could find that article. anyone else remember this article?
It was either in a mag or on one of the tv channels about how behind the Amish were in their handquilting that they were using China or Thailand women to do it. The Amish were trying to make sure that it was the same quality as they were expected to do.