Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Mystery Quilt - Edyta Sitar >

Mystery Quilt - Edyta Sitar

Mystery Quilt - Edyta Sitar

Old 04-13-2020, 11:10 AM

I too love Edyta and Laundry Basket Quilts. Her colors and patterns are so beautiful. I decided to go ahead and make her mystery quilt. I had a fat quarter bundle that I was gifted that I have been looking to use so I thought this would be a good fit. The fabric line is called "Folk Art Christmas III" by Robin Pandolph - Moda. I am guessing it's from the early 00's. I have made all 100 blocks and will post a picture once I get them sewed together. A couple of observations: I did not come close to using all the fabric in the bundle. I used mainly one color for the background as I had some extra matching yardage. I would estimate 2.5 - 3 yards for the background (light) color. The directions called for cutting everything. By this I mean cutting squares into rectangles to make a HST for instance. I usually make (2) HST at a time by sewing a quarter inch on each side from a middle line. It took me a bit to rework her instructions to make them work for my style of piecing. That said, I very much like the pattern and am appreciative that she offered this for free during the COVID 19 shelter in place.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:25 PM

Love to see your finished quilt, ekuw. I didn't participate but saved all the directions. I think it is a stunning quilt...
Old 04-15-2020, 08:23 AM

Default Here's mine

Still need to decide what kind of border to put on. I don't have any yardage, but do have lots of leftovers from the FQ bundle; some fat quarters and some smaller pieces. I will say it is an unusual color with the dusty pink for the background; but it was all fabric I had so that is definitely a good thing.
Attached Thumbnails laundry-basket-mystery.jpg  
Old 04-15-2020, 08:31 AM

I followed along the mystery quilt, but didn’t make any of the blocks. ekuw, your quilt is beautifully done! So interesting to see the colors in your quilt with this pattern. I like it! It turned out spectacular.
Old 04-15-2020, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Blueridgebeverly View Post
I followed along the mystery quilt, but didn’t make any of the blocks. ekuw, your quilt is beautifully done! So interesting to see the colors in your quilt with this pattern. I like it! It turned out spectacular.
Thank you! Like I said I have been wanting to use that FQ bundle but didn't quite know what to do with it. I am leaning towards a scrappy border maybe with varying sizes of rectangles sewn together. A piano key border would probably be nice too, but not sure I want to go that route.
Old 04-15-2020, 01:50 PM

Of the various borders shown in the last post, I liked the scrappy one the best. But as I look at your quilt, for some reason my eye wants to see that vivid color concentrated in the middle. Once you’ve decided, I’d love to see the end result!
Old 04-16-2020, 06:47 PM

Ekuw....yours turned out awesome. I really love this pattern...well done!
Old 04-20-2020, 10:14 AM

Default top with borders on

Here's the completed top with borders on it. Now that it does have borders it does look decidedly more Christmasy. That's OK I guess :-)
Attached Thumbnails laundry-basket-mystery-finished.jpg  
Old 04-21-2020, 03:27 AM
Power Poster

Lovely finish. I might use it for Christmas, but would not put it away at other times.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:01 PM

Ekuw....so beautiful. You did an incredible job on this project.