Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Senior Discount at JoAnn's >

Senior Discount at JoAnn's

Senior Discount at JoAnn's

Old 04-30-2012, 06:08 AM

I don't mean that you should be able to get 40% off the 20% off sale price, just 40% total.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:51 AM

I'll be 60 in June so first time I was actually excited about getting older LOL
Old 04-30-2012, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by margaret53 View Post
I am taking my "senior" hubby to make my purchase
Great idea!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by w7sue View Post
I personally think JoAnn's is very stingy with their discounts - it is usually pretty hard for me to find something that isn't alrady on sale to use my 40% coupons on - Michael's is the same, I don't even bother going in there anymore - I think that if they have something on sale for 20% off, they should still be able to let you use your 40% coupon - I know it would make it easier for me - will not be a senior for a few more years and by that time they will probably move the age up - lol
I agree with you on this one. I told the lady once that it seemed they put everything in the store on sale by at least a little so they don't have to honor the coupons. The last time I tried to use the coupons the item that I was trying to get did not have a sign that said it was on sale but when she rung it up she said it was on sale so of course I couldn't use the 40% I had to take the small store amount. When I pointed out to her there was no sign she said well it's in the register so they have to go by that. Figures. I try to go to Hancocks if I can. Where I live there is a Hancocks within a few miles of each JoAnn's that I go to so that makes it easy.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:31 PM

Give it a try, you're pretty close to the magic age (and it's not bad when you get there). If anyone asks for ID tell them you're slowly getting used to the idea and if you have someone with a sense of humor you just might get that discount.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:04 PM

I will be 60 in Aug. too! The 19th. How about you? But I do have a 30% off coupon for my total purchase at Joann's, since I spent over $50 on my last visit!
Old 04-30-2012, 06:06 PM

Now that's an idea! If I can drag him there! He usually drops me off.

Originally Posted by Snorky Lvs2Quilt View Post
Great idea!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by KathyPhillips View Post
I will be 60 in Aug. too! The 19th. How about you? But I do have a 30% off coupon for my total purchase at Joann's, since I spent over $50 on my last visit!
The 13th of August for me.....
Old 05-01-2012, 02:48 AM

JoAnn's is the only fabric store around my area and they're very stingy. If you forget your coupon that's just too bad they don't even keep one at the registers for you to use. They know you have to go there as the other fabric stores have all gone out of business. I'm thinking about buying fabric online
Old 05-01-2012, 03:17 AM

Thanks for the reminder. I had gotten an email about it but probably wouldn't have thought of it tomorrow - until it was too late. I was gonna have a "me" day today but I think I'll wait and do it tomorrow. Joann's and Hobby Lobby are only a couple blocks apart, plus there is a Red Lobster close by also - I can make a day out of it. The Joann's I shop at does give a military discount. I've used it before - can't remember if it was close to veteran's day,if they just do it every now and then, or if it is a regular thing. Ask at your local store. We have found lots of places will give a military discount if you ask.