Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Superior Customer Service from Westalee Rulers! >

Superior Customer Service from Westalee Rulers!

Superior Customer Service from Westalee Rulers!

Old 01-31-2016, 10:35 AM

Default Superior Customer Service from Westalee Rulers!

I purchased a ruler quilting foot and ruler from Westalee and had a problem with skipped stitches. Turned out one of the members here gave me some advice that fixed the problem, but in the meantime, I had e-mailed Westalee to ask for help.
Not only did they get back to me promptly, they offered to call me and work through the problem on the phone, all the way from Australia!
Now that's customer service!
If you're thinking of getting into ruler quilting, consider this company, as they have quite a few educational videos and certainly seem to stand behind their products.

Watson
Old 01-31-2016, 12:40 PM
Power Poster

I got a nice PM that answered a questions also, great response.
Old 01-31-2016, 01:40 PM

So good to hear. I think that is missing from many companies!
Old 02-01-2016, 07:30 AM

I ordered a ruler from them that apparently got delayed in the mail. I emailed them to request a tracing number and they sent another ruler thinking the original one was lost in the mail. I got the second shipment and the original one the same day. Still haven't figured out how that happened. I emailed them and asked what they wanted me to do with the second shipment. They told me to keep it since it wasn't worth the cost to send back. Very good customer service IMO.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
I purchased a ruler quilting foot and ruler from Westalee and had a problem with skipped stitches. Turned out one of the members here gave me some advice that fixed the problem, but in the meantime, I had e-mailed Westalee to ask for help.
Not only did they get back to me promptly, they offered to call me and work through the problem on the phone, all the way from Australia!
Now that's customer service!
If you're thinking of getting into ruler quilting, consider this company, as they have quite a few educational videos and certainly seem to stand behind their products.

Watson
What advice did you get about the skipped stitches? I have a set of their rulers and I love them. I still need a lot of practice however, and could use any advice I can get about them! Thanks! Maybe you could PM me?
Old 02-01-2016, 04:46 PM

Good to hear about great customer service! Thank you for sharing.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:23 AM

I totally agree. They sent the wrong foot for my machine, I e-mailed them as soon as I realized it, they e-mailed me back almost immediately, sent the right foot same day, along with a prepaid envelope to return the wrong one to an address in the states. Great customer service.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:28 AM

I just bought a new sewing machine after mine died from Quilters Corner in Ithaca, NY. They happened to have some Westalee rulers out and are giving a workshop on Feb. 17. I've watched a number of the videos from the Westalee site and have thoroughly enjoyed listening to the very competent Australian presenter. I have to admit to prior ignorance: I had no idea that the "rulers" that several long-arm sewers have mentioned were more like what I'd call a template. The rulers that I'm eying are designed to work on home machines and can be used for making feathers, circles, dozens of different designs. I'm really impressed with the company.