Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 03-11-2013, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by colleenzchaos View Post
But I am lost with what kind of stablizer. Any one out there willing to share thier wisdom?
I've had a PE-770 for a few years now. The stabilizer you use will depend on what type of fabric you're using to embroider on. For cotton evenweaves a tear-way is fine, but for knits you need cut-away. It will help you tremendously to attend a seminar on stabilizers. I went to a Floriani thing at a sewing shop, also one given by Bernina, and both were extremely helpful.

For FSl (Free Standing Lace) you need the mesh type water soluble. The film type is normally used for topping on towels and other fabrics that have a deep pile.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:44 AM

I shopped once for the Embird and when adding up all the plug ins to the basic Embird it was maybe if i remember about or even more than $1000 so i went to 5D, but i have the EQ7 which is for designing your quilts and the company just released their newest add on to the EQ7 which is Estitch and it is on special for $150 for now so when you have those two for less than $400 you have the best of both worlds. You can design your quilts and also digitize and use it for embroidery. It is worth looking at.
I just got the Estitch but haven't installed it yet so can't help you much but you can call the company and ask exactly what the software can do fo you.
Good luck
Originally Posted by armywife View Post
I have a Pfaff 2144 and also the embroidery unit 3D software. I haven't used my 3D in about three years -- learning curve was just too steep when you have babies underfoot. I saw a post on the Pfaff site where you can trade in your old software for new new software and get a $350 rebate. I hate to pass on a good deal, so wondering if I should upgrade to Pfaff 5D or get Embird? Thoughts?
Old 03-11-2013, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by colleenzchaos View Post
I am so excited ! My hubby bought me the Brother PE 770 embroidery machine for my birthday. I could use all help I could get. I have ordered bobbins, Madiera thread, needles. But I am lost with what kind of stablizer. Any one out there willing to share thier wisdom?
Go to this site; it sells mostly Floriani. They have great thread and stabilizer but you can get stabilizer even from JoAnns, I like to buy it by the yard off the bolt. I do like the stablizer that is for tshirts and sweats. I buy many different kind so threads; Floriani, RA, Jenny Haskins, etc and for my machine, it all works well. If you also go to emblibrary.com under Kenny's Corner they have lots of tutorials on needles, stabilizer, thread, different fabrics, etc. As a matter of fact I check all sites out to see what they use for different projects, etc. Including Viking, this is what I have.
http://www.rnkdistributing.com/cid-3...-Products.html (stabilizer workbood at bottom of page. you can print or safe it to desktop)

For FSL you can use the clear but you need at least two layers and a sharp needle works great.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Charming View Post
I shopped once for the Embird and when adding up all the plug ins to the basic Embird it was maybe if i remember about or even more than $1000 so i went to 5D, but i have the EQ7 which is for designing your quilts and the company just released their newest add on to the EQ7 which is Estitch and it is on special for $150 for now so when you have those two for less than $400 you have the best of both worlds. You can design your quilts and also digitize and use it for embroidery. It is worth looking at.
I just got the Estitch but haven't installed it yet so can't help you much but you can call the company and ask exactly what the software can do fo you.
Good luck
You can go to EQ's website and they have videos on the new Estitch and what it can do. I have 5D Pro and if I had more money I'd get the eStitch to check it out.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by armywife View Post
I have a Pfaff 2144 and also the embroidery unit 3D software. I haven't used my 3D in about three years -- learning curve was just too steep when you have babies underfoot. I saw a post on the Pfaff site where you can trade in your old software for new new software and get a $350 rebate. I hate to pass on a good deal, so wondering if I should upgrade to Pfaff 5D or get Embird? Thoughts?
I have the 5D Pro for Viking (same thing as Pfaff). I love it and now with the Sitch Edior Plus upgrade it can do so much more. You can check out mrpatience.com for 4 and 5D. He had video tutorials and also offers online classes which is good especially if you can't get to a class. The next thing that I want to join is the Vantage (think that's the correct name) Viking has it for educational, there are tutorials and you can get questions answered, etc. First, though, got to finish paying my machine off.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:28 PM

Get that baby out and use it I gave my DD one and she is always sewing and embroidery something I kept it for over a year till I got the 11000SE you just can't beat these machines so versitile you can change from embroidery to sewing with a push of a button and changing the foot and the embroidery is beautiful on them right now I Have a Brother 2300 Ult ,11000SE ,and a MB4 plus bROTHER 270D my SIL has right now I have been machine embroidering since 2000 started out with Brother PE150 from Walmart it is addictive and not a cheap hobby
Old 03-12-2013, 04:26 PM

THANK YOU ALL so much for your help. I have been reading the Floriani site.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:05 AM

I have a Husq. Viking 1+ and hope to start embroidering again soon. Have concentrated on quilting for a few years now but have enjoyed seeing and reading about everyone else's projects on this thread.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:29 PM

It should tell you what format you machine uses. Embroidery library has great designs that you can down load, I buy from them all the time they have great sales. You will need something to save them on like a external hard drive to save your designs. If you have a problem or want to ask me anything you can PM me.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:41 PM

I have a friend who owns an Elna sew/emb. combo machine and I believe she said its a 2006 but she doesn't have the manual. She l ives on a fixed income (elderly) and I'd like to help her with the embroidery part but I don't know what format Elna uses, i.e. my babylock uses .pes Any help would be appreciated.