Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 05-25-2010, 03:55 AM

Beautiful work everyone!!! It makes me really want to master my machine!
Old 05-25-2010, 04:12 AM

I have a Viking Scandanavia 400. I do some quilting with it, but havent mastered the embroidery yet. Still have to get the software for it. What machine has the biggest hoop? I would love to do some bigger stuff. My hoop is pretty small. Also I have a hard time centering my stuff. Is there a trick to that?
Old 05-25-2010, 04:25 AM

JudyG, thank you for the offer, your projects are awesome!
Old 05-25-2010, 07:31 AM

I have the Babylock Ellure Plus. I am just getting to know her. I made hand towels for my grandchildren for xmas with their names on them and then added a novelty print to one end and finished them off with wide rick rack. They were a big hit. I just finished a 12" mini quilt using flannel backed satin and minki on the other side. I did an emb. design on the one side. It is the perfect little blankie for a baby to hold onto. If you put on a loop you can attach it to the stroller and it doesn't drag on the floor.

Christine
Old 05-25-2010, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Maride
Gail, those pics are gorgeous. What machine do you have? Are those re-hooped? Absolutely beautiful.
I have the BabyLock Ellegante. Yes, they were re-hooped. The Sharman's Vintage Garden center was re-hooped 17 times, and there is about 32 hours of just embroidery on it. The entire quilt is in the neighborhood of 2 million stitches. I have developed a technique for perfect placement hooping that works great. It doesn't use any special expensive equipment and will work with any machine. I'm writing an ebook on my technique in the near future, just can't seem to find the time to work on it. It is started but a long way from being finished. I have been teaching my technique for about 3 years in the Salt Lake City area and so far everyone loves it. Sorry I can't share it for free with you but I feel that would be an injustice to many students who have paid to learn it. But if you are interested I can let you know when the book is finished.

Hugs, Gail
Old 05-27-2010, 08:57 AM

Wow, Gail, those are just beautiful! Did you have a problem with the Jenny Haskins designs at all? I know some people doing that one that actually had to re-digitize some of it. I love that quilt! I am doing the Kerrie Hay Latte Quilt. I found the book to be very confusing so signed up for a class which really helps.
I would be very interested in your book. Please finish it soon :lol: I wish I could take one of your classes!
Old 05-27-2010, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by raksmum
Wow, Gail, those are just beautiful! Did you have a problem with the Jenny Haskins designs at all? I know some people doing that one that actually had to re-digitize some of it. I love that quilt! I am doing the Kerrie Hay Latte Quilt. I found the book to be very confusing so signed up for a class which really helps.
I would be very interested in your book. Please finish it soon :lol: I wish I could take one of your classes!
Yes, I do have problems with the designs and the instructions. Jenny actually told me that they guessimate the yardage for fabric and thread and that they purposely have mistakes because nobody is perfect and that no quilt should be perfect. My personal opinion is that I can do less than perfect all on my own, I really don't need her help with that part. I just made a label for a latte quilt that is the most beautiful quilt I have ever seen. It is done with ivory satin, light taupe thread, ivory lace and ivory seed pearls. It is stunning. Good luck with your quilt, bet it will be awesome!!

Hugs, Gail
Old 05-27-2010, 11:04 AM

I have a BabyLock Ellageo Esg3, Brother PR-650, Pfaff Creative 2134. Don't ask me why I have 3! I am thinking of selling the Pfaff since I've only embroidered once. BabyLock I cannot seem to get rid off due to the designs. I make all my quilt labels with BabyLock. Now the Brother PR-650 I LOVE LOVE LOVE! No comparison to the other 2 machines. If you can afford it, I strongly suggest purchasing one. :) I put PR-650 on layaway and paid each month until it was paid off.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:54 AM

I have 2 brothers 270D and 8500. They are so easy to use and stitches are fantastic....my favorite is "in the hoop" designs...I've done needle cases, scissor holders, note holders, zippered totes and lots of just embroidering on an article....adictive LOL
Old 05-28-2010, 09:07 AM
Google Goddess

what are you making with your embroidrey machines?