Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 05-24-2010, 05:40 PM

I have the Singer Futura CE250. I can use the xxx format is what the machine calls for but when I get designs from embroidery library they don't have the xxx so I get the hus format. I don't change it or worry about having to make it a different format. I use the hus format and it sews out great. I bought my Ce250 from HSN a little over 3 yrs ago and I just love it! I have used it a whole lot for towels, tshirts, baby blankets and you can see my unicorn quilt I will send in with this email. Some of you may have already seen it.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-72984.jpe  
Old 05-24-2010, 05:52 PM

The Singer Futura machines do not use a memory card. You have to have this machine hooked up to your computer and have the design in a folder in your computer. The futura should have a disk with the program to download to your computer. Turn on the computer, hook the usb cord from the embroidery machine to the computer. Open the futura program on your computer and then turn on the sewing machine. In the futura program find the design you have saved in a folder on your computer and it will open in that program and then you can embroidewr the design....after you have put the hoop and fabric set up on the machine. May sound hard but it is not. You can not open up embroidery designs on your computer without a program to view them. Your computer does not normally have any program installed that will be able to view these files. If you have any questions just holler....I will try and help
Old 05-24-2010, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by sewmom
Has anyone with the Janome 9000 had trouble with the bobbin thread showing on the front when embroidering? i ruined several designs because the white thread was all pulled to the front. i could use the same thread in the bobbin but that gets pricey and i think wasteful. A local Janome dealer told me to use serger thread in the bobbin, but do i
dont have every color in that kind of thread.
that sound more like a tension problem when you have white showing on the front.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sew and Sew
I will have to try this. I am using Windows XP......I heard Vista does not work with embroidery downloads.......I am thinking about getting a new tower......does any one know if Windows 7 work with the computer program......I hope I am smart enough to do this......thanks...
I have Vista and I download designs all the time. Your computer just has to have a program to view the designs. I use the program that came with my futura machine or you can download the Tajima program and you can view your desings with that program. As long as you can unzip the files and have a program to view the designs I see no reason why Vista can't be used.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Corry
I have the Singer Futura CE250. I can use the xxx format is what the machine calls for but when I get designs from embroidery library they don't have the xxx so I get the hus format. I don't change it or worry about having to make it a different format. I use the hus format and it sews out great. I bought my Ce250 from HSN a little over 3 yrs ago and I just love it! I have used it a whole lot for towels, tshirts, baby blankets and you can see my unicorn quilt I will send in with this email. Some of you may have already seen it.
Beautiful quilt!! I really need to learn how to use my Innovis 4000D.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
Originally Posted by Corry
Beautiful quilt!! I really need to learn how to use my Innovis 4000D.
Thank you so much. Don't hesitate to jump in and learn to use the embroidery! I was kind of scared at first and just sewed with mine for about 6 months and then I bit the bullit and started embroidering. I just love it and have had soooooo much fun with it. I made the unicorn quilt for my stepdaughter and she cried when she got it. You see what neat gifts you can make from looking at the photos being sent in. I love doing the embroidery in with my quilting. Just have a tough time trying to figure out the quilt designs I can use with the embroidery. How to incorporate it into a quilt design without doing the usual embroidered block and then a square.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:49 PM

I have the same machine and I use it as much as I can. I just order the updated software for it. Didn't get the software that even sews your outfit for ya and then washes the car.. or it should for the money. But my machine came with a nice little program called Editor Lite. But while there are downloads to upgrade it to work with win 7, I still decided to more up to the Editor Plus. And while it was just under $1,000 including tax, it was still a heavy hit. But we know that there is the surge for better sand new soft ware and with in reason, we need to keep up.. if it's something we can get something out of it. I have the med, large and the maga hoop and it's a wonderful challenge to learn something new.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
I really need to learn how to use my Innovis 4000D.
The 4000 is so easy to embroider with. I had mine for about 2 years before I ever sewed with it, all I did was embroidery. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

I'm attaching a couple of pictures of things I've done with mine. It's so much fun to make neat things with it.

Bear Cubs Picture
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72997[/ATTACH]

Jacket for Grandson#3
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72998[/ATTACH]

Closeup of Jacket design
[ATTACH=CONFIG]72999[/ATTACH]

Baby Burps
[ATTACH=CONFIG]73000[/ATTACH]

Fall Sweatshirt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]73001[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-72992.jpe   attachment-72993.jpe   attachment-72994.jpe   attachment-72995.jpe   attachment-72996.jpe  

Old 05-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Power Poster

Everyone's is so beautiful!
Old 05-24-2010, 07:20 PM

When I grow up I want to embroider just like all of you!