Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 01-05-2010, 12:19 PM

I have a Design-A- Quilt DAQ-12. Looking for instruction book. This was given to me. Not sure how to you it. Any ideals?
Old 01-05-2010, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by kacy 49
I have a Janome 350E and an MB4. Been embroidering for about 4 years. Love Artisticthreadworks. Been a member for the past 3 or 4 years. I have learned so much there. There is a group of us who make charity quilts and quilts for the veterns. We also make the troups stockings at Christmas. This year there were over 4000 stockings sent. It is a lot of fun and adds to our quilts. Kacy 49
How do you like your MB4? Hindsight being 20/20, now I kind of wish I had a dedicated embroidery machine rather than a combination. I have a Janome 11000, new on the market when I bought mine. Lately, just for kicks, I've been looking at dedicated EM's on line and I've seen several hardly used MB4's for sale at half the cost of a new one. So I have to wonder why these people (experienced embroiderers) are selling them after using them only a brief time. Brother has a new one, PR-650 that I like the looks and sounds of, but I have a fortune tied up in JEF designs and there's no Brother dealer near here.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by happy sewer
My question. Can you do embroidery on the 8500 without hooping? what if you want to do the same design on a long strip of fabric without hooping? Thanks.
You can't do any machine embroidery without hooping. It keeps the fabric taut, and the hoop mechanism moves and guides the fabric for the machine design to stitch the embroidery. You can do a long strip of fabric by stitching out the design, then taking the fabric out of the hoop, moving it to center the design again, and stitch the new part. It makes it easier if your design is broken into parts that don't all connect. That way, if your placement isn't spot on, it's not as noticeable.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by ScubaK
I haven't had any problems with my Vista program and tranferring emb designs from my computer to a flash drive for both of my machines.
K
I haven't had any problems downloading with Vista either.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:04 PM

I have Vista, The embroidery program on the computer is Designer Plus 5 for bernina designs not already built in for the machine, All you have to do is go to your dealer,he can give you information as to how to make this product work on your machine,My dealer is in Flagstaff several hours away from here My dealer sent me an E-mail . all I had to do is follow directions , I am not the smartest about computers but it works just perfect, now all I have to do is learn about digitizing and adding my own patterns from photos :?
Old 01-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Lyn

Originally Posted by Sew and Sew
I will have to try this. I am using Windows XP......I heard Vista does not work with embroidery downloads.......I am thinking about getting a new tower......does any one know if Windows 7 work with the computer program......I hope I am smart enough to do this......thanks...
Yes Windows 7 does work.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:34 PM

I'm jealous. I have a Bernina Artista 180 and have recently bought Ver 6 software which I plan to load tomorrow. I would love to have the 830 but just can't quite justify buying it. I also have a Viking Topaz 30 which has a bigger hoop, so I'm going to be happy with what I have.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:36 PM

I think I have a New Home embroidery machine that came with 20 or so memory cards. I have had it over 2 years and am so intimidated by it I have not learned how to use it. I did do names on Christmas ornaments one year but just by using the dial on the machine, which I can also do with my Vikiing. So I guess my goal this year should be to learn how to use the machine to embroider. I just HAD to HAVE it!!
Old 01-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Lyn

Originally Posted by lacikat
I think I have a New Home embroidery machine that came with 20 or so memory cards. I have had it over 2 years and am so intimidated by it I have not learned how to use it. I did do names on Christmas ornaments one year but just by using the dial on the machine, which I can also do with my Vikiing. So I guess my goal this year should be to learn how to use the machine to embroider. I just HAD to HAVE it!!
It took me a year of staring at the machine before I used it. Now I wonder why I was so intimidated.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:50 PM

Your Janome MC10000 can be upgraded to MC10001 at Janome web site for free.
www.emblibrary.com is a really good site with freebies and also "Kenny's Korner" with all sorts of assistance.