Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 01-05-2010, 07:04 PM

hi I have a Janome NH 9000 and a Brother PR600-ll I have done baby quilts with and want to do an embroidered old jeans rag quilt for my GS
Old 01-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Google Goddess

Hi Everyone,

Wow this thread is rockin and rollin now, come on and post so we can learn from each other.

Have fun and be sure to post your pictures for show and tell!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:02 PM

Has anyone with the Janome 9000 had trouble with the bobbin thread showing on the front when embroidering? i ruined several designs because the white thread was all pulled to the front. i could use the same thread in the bobbin but that gets pricey and i think wasteful. A local Janome dealer told me to use serger thread in the bobbin, but do i
dont have every color in that kind of thread.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:25 AM
Power Poster

If you have bobbin thread showing on the top the odds are that your tension is off, if it is only some times, your thread could be getting caught a bit on something pulling it tighter, it can do fine in most spots but direction and amount of fill can change that and pull the bobbin thread to the top, or the other cause may be that your bobbin tension is a bit loose,

Now if you do both sewing and embroidery with it, the weight of the bobbin thread could be different. usually you use a finer one with the embroidery and the tension may have to be adjusted going on to the other,

Now there is a fix as well for that as well, you can take a perminant marker (as close to the color you were using) and color the bobbin thread, when you do in the hoop projects you either have to change bobbin colors or color it in on the last part, it depends on the mood that I am in to what I do. I use prewound usually with the embroidery machine so prefer to use just white as they are harder to find in color and they are a lot more expensive.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:32 AM

Buzz Tools is a program that you can use to catalog your designs, convert them to suit your machine.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:14 AM

I have a husqvarna scandinvia 300......I have had it for 5-6 years & have yet to get any success w/ it
Partially I am scared of trying to get things from on line into the proper card.
I have pledged to get this going this year !
Old 01-06-2010, 10:20 AM

Hi
I have a Bother Ultra 2001, sewing and embroidery machine. I did a qhole embrodery quilt for the first granddaughter. Waiting for mommie to pick the designs for the second grnddaughter. Love my machine thing of purchasing the Quattro.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR
I have a brother 270D that I started out with and now take that one to retreats and bought a 8500 pacesetter that I love. If I ever buy another one it will be with a 6x10 hoop. Sure wish I would have gone bigger first :roll: I did sweats for the GK for christmas, my absolute favorite are in/the/hoop projects...I'll enclose a picture of projects I did for guild members for christmas....
These are so cute! I know they loved them.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:42 AM

HI THERE.........I have a Viking Designer SE and a Viking Designer Diamond, and LOVE them both..........I have just finished a baby quilt (actually a coverlet size for a twin bed) with Beatrix Potter designs. Will have to post a pic a bit later. I have done many kitchen and bath towels for Christmas presents, and I do use the Majestic Hoop and the new Inspira Quilt Designer software to "embroider" the quilting........
Old 01-06-2010, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Sheesh
Does anyone have an idea of what software extension is for a singer futura embroidery machine? I bought it from HSN and haven't found this info so far. Never had an EM,but many other sewing and also an espire quilting machine, not quite ready for a longarm
The NEW Futura's will "read" just about any design extension.....However, XXX and SEW are the Singer extensions.

Hope this helps!