Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 01-07-2010, 07:04 AM

Hello, My name is Linda and I have an Ellgeo. I have had it about 6 years my dream is to get the BabyLock commercial home embrodery machine. I embroider everything. My time is limited so I have to pick what projects to do so usually it is something to do with embroidery. I have decorated my house in Embroidery Libary's salt box houses so I can do a Prim look. Of course it is also samplers etc. I have a Christmas quilt with the Toile 12 days of Christmas from EmLibary. If I knew how to post pictures I would. Help me out if you can with posting pics. :)
Old 01-07-2010, 07:43 AM

Hi i have an Babylock Elegante 2 , that i got about 6 months ago. I have taken some lessons and made a few items. My local dealer used to sell Pfaff and was going to buy another one to do embroidery, i have an 2056 for sewing that i like and a Grandquilter for quilting that i really love. He just left Pfaff dealership and went to Babylock and he talked me into buying this machine instead. He said that Babylock is simpler to understand and operate and I haven't have had any trouble doing so, for me 20 miles in the country makes simple what i want. He had planned on handling both lines of sewing machines, but that Pfaff isn't as good as it was orginately.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Shorebird
A couple more pics of the Beatrix Potter Baby (really twin coverlet size) quilt. I am just so pleased with the custom quilting done on this. Nadine Pike is really talented. Hope you enjoy these. There were a total of 20 embroidery designs (characters). Borders start with the green that is in sashing, then yellow, then pink, followed by blue binding. Gender of the new one is not known......we are really excited. Baby shower is next weekend, and is a surprise.
I absolutly love your quilt , The small quilting around the pictures is that a part of the embroidery pattern ? or was that what Nadine Pike did also. I made a quilt for my great granddaughter and the patterns were by stitchitize called mother goose and her goslings but in my hurry to give it to her I didn't take pictures. What or where did you get the designs for the beatrice potter designs. Carol in pa
Old 01-07-2010, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by busybeequilter
Originally Posted by Shorebird
A couple more pics of the Beatrix Potter Baby (really twin coverlet size) quilt. I am just so pleased with the custom quilting done on this. Nadine Pike is really talented. Hope you enjoy these. There were a total of 20 embroidery designs (characters). Borders start with the green that is in sashing, then yellow, then pink, followed by blue binding. Gender of the new one is not known......we are really excited. Baby shower is next weekend, and is a surprise.
I absolutly love your quilt , The small quilting around the pictures is that a part of the embroidery pattern ? or was that what Nadine Pike did also. I made a quilt for my great granddaughter and the patterns were by stitchitize called mother goose and her goslings but in my hurry to give it to her I didn't take pictures. What or where did you get the designs for the beatrice potter designs. Carol in pa
THANKS...............started to respond, and must have hit a wrong button, so if this is a repeat, apologies......All of the stippling is from the LAQ, Nancine Pike. She took a pattern for a triangle of stippling and had it made into a frame for the embroideries.......The Beatrix Potter design pack is from Dakota Collectibles.......and the web site attached does have the collection of 20 designs.........

http://www.mrvacmrssew.com/Shop/cate...gns/index.html

Glad you liked it!
Old 01-07-2010, 12:52 PM

What type of extensions do you mean? I have a furtura and have added software. PM and we can chat.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:32 PM

Hi,
I have an Ellegante coming in a few more days. Cannot wait! I do heirloom and vintage reproduction doll costumes, as well as quilting and garment sewing.

The Babylock machines are wonderful. Only difference between them and Brother is the Disney designs that are built into Brother. The navigation and user friendliness Babylock offers is really what I am looking forward to. The Ellegante has alot of technology capability that will grow with advancing software and applications from the computer. This is why I bought my machine.

I currently have an older ESE2 Esante embroidery/sewing machine that I am trying to sell, and will probably sell a couple more vintage machines I have had forever, it seems.

You will love your Babylock! I got mine used, but it has all the upgrades that make it behave like the new Ellegante 2.

Originally Posted by shirley larson
Hi i have an Babylock Elegante 2 , that i got about 6 months ago. I have taken some lessons and made a few items. My local dealer used to sell Pfaff and was going to buy another one to do embroidery, i have an 2056 for sewing that i like and a Grandquilter for quilting that i really love. He just left Pfaff dealership and went to Babylock and he talked me into buying this machine instead. He said that Babylock is simpler to understand and operate and I haven't have had any trouble doing so, for me 20 miles in the country makes simple what i want. He had planned on handling both lines of sewing machines, but that Pfaff isn't as good as it was orginately.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:48 PM

I have a Pfaff 2170 Thanks for sharing your pics I will try to send some later Ginny
Old 01-07-2010, 05:55 PM

The quilt is lovely! I just became a greatauntie to my 30th grands. She was born New Years Eve. Her name is Addie. Gotta go see her one of these days.

Thanks for sharing your pics of the quilt with us. I will try to get some of my stuff up for viewing here.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:41 PM

Hi,
I have a Kenmore 19005. I love it, but I have only played with it. Haven't actually made anything yet. I mean I have embroidered with it but not finished making anything with it. I don't have the clothsetter and, my software for some reason doesn't let me print a template. I have started a denim purse with a flower spray.

I started a pic of my friends car on a shirt..was going well until I was using metallic thread for the wheels..it kept braking so to pick up the lost stitches when I restarted I backed up..apparently to far covered the underneath stitches. I couldn't rip it out..considered appliquing over it. I was afraid that would be to heavy and look awkward.
I have used it to hem several pair of jeans and a couple pair of work pants.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:22 PM

Hi,

You will absolutely love your Elegante when you get it home, I have had mine for 8 months, it's the limited edition Elegante 2 that is signed by Nancy Zieman (impressive heh....LOL!). I sew, quilt, and embroider on it, does whatever I need to do and I love the features it has...especially the threading, so neat!
Be waiting to hear how you are doing with it!

Sure do love my Babylock machines!

Bev