Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 08-21-2012, 06:56 AM

Thank you all for your great advice. I'm going to try the suggestions and hopefully I'll be able to use the threadart.

Again a sincere thank you to all
Old 08-21-2012, 09:17 AM
Banned

Sharon any of the suggestions I gave may NOT work for you,
but I am going to keep my fingers crossed anyway.

Like I said before though ALL the suggestions I provided was
discovered by trial and error and is what has worked for me
I have 2 Brother sewing/embroidery machines NV1000 and
Innov-Is 1500D (my newest machine).

Good luck and let us know if you find the "tricks" that work for
you.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:37 AM

Hello Everyone - Boy am I happy I found this thread. I have the Pfaff Creative Vision and I have barely used the embroidery feature on it bc the instruction booklet is very confusing to me. The times I have used it I spent a lot of time just figuring out how to set it up so it is no fun for me. I love to see embroidery on quilts and would love to try one one day if only I had the time to figure this darn machine out. I did not buy it through my quilt shop which offers free lessons if purchased through them but it was either spend $10K or save $5K so I did the latter! It would be nice if they offered classes on the machine at a cost of course if you didn't purchase through them. Anyway if anyone has a Pffaf CV I look forward to hearing about your experience. I know this machine can do alot and would like to take full advantage of ALL its features not just the sewing part of the machine.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
Sharon any of the suggestions I gave may NOT work for you,
but I am going to keep my fingers crossed anyway.

Like I said before though ALL the suggestions I provided was
discovered by trial and error and is what has worked for me
I have 2 Brother sewing/embroidery machines NV1000 and
Innov-Is 1500D (my newest machine).

Good luck and let us know if you find the "tricks" that work for
you.
I was able to cancel the order with MrVacandMrsSew. I'm going to the website you gave me in a previous post and order the needles. Like I told my husband, when it comes to ordering the needles, IF I'm unable to work with the thread after purchasing the needles, money will NOT be wasted on the purchase as I can never have enough needles on hand. With the net and the organ needle, do you also use a thread stand?
Old 08-21-2012, 11:29 AM

Thanks Quilty-Louise. I knew I had previously run into a site that sold Organ needles at a great price for 100 needles. Just love this about the board.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:47 AM

Can you please post a picture of your quilt "fun and done" I would like to see it
Old 08-21-2012, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Beeboop71 View Post
Hello Everyone - Boy am I happy I found this thread. I have the Pfaff Creative Vision and I have barely used the embroidery feature on it bc the instruction booklet is very confusing to me. The times I have used it I spent a lot of time just figuring out how to set it up so it is no fun for me. I love to see embroidery on quilts and would love to try one one day if only I had the time to figure this darn machine out. I did not buy it through my quilt shop which offers free lessons if purchased through them but it was either spend $10K or save $5K so I did the latter! It would be nice if they offered classes on the machine at a cost of course if you didn't purchase through them. Anyway if anyone has a Pffaf CV I look forward to hearing about your experience. I know this machine can do alot and would like to take full advantage of ALL its features not just the sewing part of the machine.
If they don't offer classes you can pay for then check around. I know a few places here where you can take classes no matter what machine you have. I have a viking and my teacher will let anyone join in. Sew n Vac has a club for all and you can get help from members. Once you start you'll be hooked. Last night I got to digitize a cover for my Nook that I'll stitch out this week along with a beach picture frame that I made. It's addicting.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:11 PM
Banned

Sharon,

I have a thread stand, but I don't use it. Just put my spool
on horizontal spool peg.

Originally Posted by SharonTX View Post
I was able to cancel the order with MrVacandMrsSew. I'm going to the website you gave me in a previous post and order the needles. Like I told my husband, when it comes to ordering the needles, IF I'm unable to work with the thread after purchasing the needles, money will NOT be wasted on the purchase as I can never have enough needles on hand. With the net and the organ needle, do you also use a thread stand?
Old 08-21-2012, 08:52 PM

Read briefly through the posts...I have the PE700II and in the beginning, I was getting thread shredding. I discovered the "large eye" needles by Organ and it solved my problem. I am using Metroemb Mettlier, some PolyX and the now out of production ARC. Machine still doesn't like Sulky too much!! LOL The large eye cuts down on the friction as the machine stitches so fast. I had a great source but now find it harder to find the "large eye". Need a source for them. Anyone have one? I use the 70/11 and 80/12 in both sharp and ballpoint.

Haven't tried the titanium needles by Organ yet...does anyone have experience with them. They are more expensive so hesitate to buy them.

Ready to get back started with my embroidery. Have taken a few months off with grandchildren playing ball so much but now ready to go again!!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
Have you checked the Robison-Anton thread at Sears.
No, but thanks for telling me about it. I had no idea that Sears even sold embroidery thread.