Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 08-08-2012, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
Almond,
were the courses easy to follow? I like the idea since I am a hands-on and visual person. I don't know of one person that I know of that owns an embroidery machine I figured for the price it wouldn't be so bad.
When they got to the stablilizers it was pretty easy to follow. The program was pretty much above my head. To sum it up I would go back again.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
I'm taking the class next month and it cost 30 but you get close to 600 in free stuff; that sounds like a no brainer. I've heard a lot of people talk about this class and normally it's really good and you learn a lot. If I learn nothing all that thread, the designs and stabliziers, etc it'll be worth a wasted trip but I'm expecting good things.
That's exactly what they are offering here for $30 with $600 worth of thread and free designs. I' think I'm going to sign up!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:47 AM

Ok here is a site new to me and it has lots of freebies on it...has anyone used this site before. http://free-embroidery-designs.com/c...ellaneous/pga1
Old 08-20-2012, 12:52 PM

I'm so frustrated and disappointed. My brother pe 770 does not, I repeat does not like the embroidery threads from threadart! I am now stuck with over 100 spools and can't do a darn thing with 'em.

What embroidery threads do you use or suggest?

TIA
Old 08-20-2012, 01:21 PM

I have a brother 1500d that I don't embroider with near enough. I don't seem to be able to find enough time to just play around and experiment. I have done towels for gifts and I've embroidered on the grand childrens clothes but really haven't used it enough. How does everyone find time to just sew. How is this chat going to work as I'm interested in getting to know others and learn some new tips. I usually just read the firsr page of what's new so would this be done through a forum or a pm or live chat or what.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:23 PM

I haven't used my embroidery machine in a few months. But I signed up for a fq block swap recently and I may end up using it for some of the blocks.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by SharonTX View Post
I'm so frustrated and disappointed. My brother pe 770 does not, I repeat does not like the embroidery threads from threadart! I am now stuck with over 100 spools and can't do a darn thing with 'em.
What embroidery threads do you use or suggest?
TIA
Sharon, before you give up on your thread, try changing your needle to Organ Needles top stitch 75/11. I also have a PE-770 and was having a heck of a time with various threads. They kept shredding like crazy. Then Quilty-Louise suggested the needle change and I haven't had a problem since. Not even with metallics!
Old 08-20-2012, 05:02 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmm now you have me thinking. Where would I find these needles? If these work, I need to cancel my order with MrVacandMrsSew as I just placed an order for the Polystar thread, as I do have some along with some brother thread and those work perfect in the machine. Debating big time. I would hate to cancel and still have the problem.

Thanks for the advice and please let me know where I can find those type of needles.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Sharon, before you give up on your thread, try changing your needle to Organ Needles top stitch 75/11. I also have a PE-770 and was having a heck of a time with various threads. They kept shredding like crazy. Then Quilty-Louise suggested the needle change and I haven't had a problem since. Not even with metallics!
Krystna: Have you ever used Thread Art thread in your embroidery machine. I love this question from Sharon. I also have used Thread Art poly thread and love the price, but recently my 780 Brother broke down and had to go in for repair. I found out I was using the wrong size bobbin that we believe may have caused the problem, but the repair person said she suspect the Thread Art might also be a problem.

I am also going to give the needles a try. Will be watching this to see where I can get them. Thanks, Mary
Old 08-20-2012, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Normabeth View Post
I have several embroidery machines - my first one is a Brother PE700 (this in my opinion is a peice of junk, sitting in a box) the second one I purchased was Janome, can't remember the model, I gave this to my niece and she uses it regulary, my third one is the Bernina 440EQ, have used it for over 2 years for just embroidery, than I made the switch tp becoming a quilter. My most recent purchase is the Singer Futura that HSN sells, have not had to much luck with this one, at Easter was trying to make the baby a free standing lace basket and on the last panel, the machine chewed up the whole panel and bobbin. Haven't touched this machine since, went back to QUILTING!!! Getting back to the embroidery, I do remember the machines being very picky and the thread used, I found Isacord about the best to use on all the machines. Also after 7 to 8 hours of stitching time, change the needle.
Normabeth, I bought one of those Singer Futuras from the HSN and kept it about 2 weeks and sent it back. It was a HEAVY piece of junk. Now I've sewn with many Singers over the years but this one was really awful.