Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 08-06-2012, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by btiny36 View Post
Thanks bunches romanojg for letting me know this.....sure makes it weird to do these designs...oh well must make sure I have the correct color chart next to machine...I also am using emblibrary designs.
If you look at Embroidery Library's website bring up the design on the screen and then click on the Color Change Sheet it will show the colors and the order in which they appear. Example, 1 red 0531, 2 green 9086, etc.

Also, I forgot who asked the question but I think that Singer's format is SEW but I'm not sure.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:32 AM

Ok so here I am again with a 2 part question. I have a dirt bike design and I added text to it. I would like the text to be arched does someone know I arch the lettering in embird? My second question is what size of needle should I use to embroidery on a hat (blue tip or red tip don't know the sizes of these)? thanks everyone for your continual support.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:59 AM

[QUOTE=nangars;5418510]You owe it to your self to take some classes, we will find out just how much you love to embroidery, these machines are to expensive not to use them.

I have to agree when it comes to taking classes. If you can't find classes on your machine then check out places that offer classes to anyone. My viking teacher will allow anyone into class as long as they know how to do the basics of their machines. Tidewater sew and vac here has an embroidery club that anyone can join. Once you join it is eaiser to meet people to get help and maybe have the same machine. I have taken off from work a few times when there was a special class offered during the day that differed from my nightly/monthly club class at the LQS. No matter which way you go I'd start off and still incorporate classes for your own machine even if it was a distance a way. Not all machines are the same and you need to learn things that the books don't even tell you. I was surprised at the things my machine does but I can't find it in the book. Make a day of it; find some quilting or other stores in that area that you like and or if there is a special grocery store pack a cooler and go then. I only have to go about 30 miles to mine but normally plan a few things to do when in that area if it's during the day. I do the same thing when I go to the stores 20 miles away; when I go I visit several things and make a day of it and then I don't waste gas going back and forth and just enjoy myself. Enjoy your machine; they are so much fun.

I have a Viking Ruby and it has never been finicky about anything that I put thru it. It has so many features and tons of different hoops including the endless hoop and then my favorite is the cutwork needles which makes those designs so much more fun. My grandson thinks its really neat how the needles cut the fabric. He also loves the embroidery machine because I can set it and walk away and it keeps on working; all by it self he says.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:03 PM

Ok so here I am again with a 2 part question. I have a dirt bike design and I added text to it. I would like the text to be arched does someone know I arch the lettering in embird? My second question is what size of needle should I use to embroidery on a hat (blue tip or red tip don't know the sizes of these)? thanks everyone for your continual support.
I think you'd have to tell us the brand of needles. I normally buy my needles all one size to a pack and they aren't color coded. The ones that are color coded say on the outside of pack what the size is. Do you have the package and are the embroidery needles or reqular needles. I don't work in Embrid so I'm sorry I can't help you there.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Swap Hosts

I only wish we had embroidery classes around here. It never ceases to amaze me that I live in a bedroom community of New York City and ... NO CLASSES!
Old 08-06-2012, 12:08 PM

[QUOTE=kate henry;5419441]I am not replying to anyone, just had to vent. I have a diamond and topaz. Topaz is a great little machine works like a charm. Now the DIAMOND is another story. They didn't tell me I could only use 2 hrs a month).
I'm sorry to hear about your problems with you diamond. I have a Ruby and use it all the time and I know those who use their diamonds with no problems. Sometimes mine will stay on for over a week without being shut off if I have a design in the middle of getting done around my working hours. Have you thought about maybe trying a different repair person or contacting Viking about this on going problem. This isn't the standard for a Viking. I have a viking #1 machine that was made in the 90's and it's still going; that's what Viking does, they keep on going and are meant to use. Good luck but check to see if there is someplace else to have your machine checked out; maybe the repair person is making out on your machine.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:45 PM

Can't help you directly, but I ran across a some info on it somewhere but can't remember where but I have found lots of info on www.youtube.com and search embird. I am also new to embird, has taken me awhile to learn, but like it.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:46 PM

I have the Brother Quatro. Love it.
Old 08-06-2012, 04:27 PM

I have a embird question. When I open up a design in embird why does it give me funky colors. Why doesn't it match the color of the design? is there a setting I need to change. Really don't care much for this program and looking for a much better friendly user program. Anyways that's my question about thread color...It doesn't seem to matter what I do, it's never the correct color and when you take the design to machine it has those funky colors, so one had better have the color chart for the correct color change...
I love Embird.....I change the colors before I download the finished design.....I can also set different thread brands to the default ......good luck...don't give up....I have 3 programs and Embird is my fav.....
Old 08-07-2012, 05:38 AM

There is a thing on embroidery.com under kenny's corner about the needles that may help you and he uses Embrid so you may find something for that as well. I normally always look at their projects and Kenny's corner to see how they do things when I want to learn things or to get different ideas on how to do things.