Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 03-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Banned

Thanks everyone.

Not sure WHY my pictures are sideways. I tried to rotate them
but couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.

Oh well at least they can be seem LOL.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:25 AM

Quilty-Louise,

Love your bookmarks ... where did you get the draped cross with the lillies? I'd love to make one for a couple of special volunteers at church!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:43 AM

Love the bookmarks!!! I have gotten quite the assortment of stabilizers and would like to get them up and out of the way like in a wall hanging or something. Does anyone have an idea to make a organizer for the different stabilizers?? Keep the pictures of projects coming what are you doing this week???
Old 03-05-2013, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by gramtam View Post
Love the bookmarks!!! I have gotten quite the assortment of stabilizers and would like to get them up and out of the way like in a wall hanging or something. Does anyone have an idea to make a organizer for the different stabilizers?? Keep the pictures of projects coming what are you doing this week???
I also would be interested in some type of stablizer wall hanger. Right now I use an over the door shoe organizer. Works, but not exactly what I would like.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:16 PM

Quilty Louise; I have used hot fix crystals on many FSL items with no problem! I even successfully used them on my darling daughter's bridal veil! Tiny tiny crystals scattered all over the tulle, they caught the lights just enough for a tiny sparkle here and there. I have the BeJeweler, as it stated it was the only one that could afix crystals to tulle w/o burning it. Worked great!

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
Has anyone tried/used the hot fix crystals on any FSL items?

Curious because I just got a setting tool and some crystals and
wanted to see if anyone has use them on lace yet or not.

I have some lace made up that I am going to give it a try to see
how well they look and work.

Stay tuned for pictures (regardless of HOW they come out).
Old 03-05-2013, 04:09 PM

I've got the bug to get an embroidery machine, any suggestions from you that have one? What should I be looking for, what to avoid? I'm a fairly experienced quilter & pretty computer savvy so I'm not afraid to jump in so to speak. Just looking for some guidance from those who have been down this road. Thanks in advance!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Banned

I got the draped bookmark at Emb. Lib.

Originally Posted by IBQLTN View Post
Quilty-Louise,

Love your bookmarks ... where did you get the draped cross with the lillies? I'd love to make one for a couple of special volunteers at church!
Old 03-05-2013, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by SewQuiltsSally View Post
I've got the bug to get an embroidery machine, any suggestions from you that have one? What should I be looking for, what to avoid? I'm a fairly experienced quilter & pretty computer savvy so I'm not afraid to jump in so to speak. Just looking for some guidance from those who have been down this road. Thanks in advance!!!
I bought a Brother SE 400 a year ago, going by price, not what was included. I love the machine. However, it is limited to a 4x4 size. So if you want to avoid that, do your homework and go to the next higher level.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:10 PM

SQS; As someone just mentioned when purchasing a machine think about how you will use your embroideries. If you are thinking small designs then a 4x4 field may be enough for you.. If however you dream of embroidering jacket backs, skirt hemlines, tablecloths etc you will be much happier with an embroidery field much larger. I made that mistake with my first embroidery machine, as it had only a 4x4 hoop. Now, My Elli has one of the largest embroidery fields on the market and I am totally in love with this machine and all it can do! There are many machines that are moderately priced that will do a great job and have great sized hoops. Think about at least a 5x7 size hoop. And the MOST important thing of all is Dealer Support, I can't stress this enough! Even if it means purchasing something farther away from home than you would like, a supportive dealer who is willing to back you and gives classes is worth their weight in Gold! Good luck in your search!

Originally Posted by SewQuiltsSally View Post
Old 03-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Banned

I have seen this being done before only exception was that
each "pocket" was made using fabric AND each type of the
stabilizer was embroidered onto the outside of each pocket.

Floriani - Wet n Gone
Floriani - Heat n Gone
Sulky - Water Soluble

etc.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]400024[/ATTACH]

I would LOVE to do that, but quite frankly I don't have any place
where I could hang something like that up. So I have mine in a
big box.

Below is a picture of MY stabilizer box. As you can see there is
a bucket for my WS scraps (on the left) and my "commercial"
size roll of Floriani Wet n Gone (on the right) that roll started
out as being a 100 yard roll, I have used about 1/4 to 1/3 of
it I guess.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]400031[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by gramtam View Post
Attached Thumbnails stabilizer-storage.jpg   dscn2344.jpg