Banned

I was such a bad girl last night......

I purchased the Thumbnailer you all are so correct I have
only looked at a couple of my design folders and I am so
happy that I got it.

It is definitely going to make sorting my designs and SEEING
them so much easier!!

Thank you all for the continued mention of this program to the point
I checked it out and bought it for myself.

Hubs isn't to happy that I spent the money, but oh well such is life
I guess.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:02 AM
Swap Hosts

Louise, consider it money well spent. If you can SEE your designs, you are more likely to USE your designs!
Old 09-01-2012, 08:28 AM

Default Roosters

I'm going to look at that thumbnailer as well. I have all of my designs on my flash drive (2 of them) and have no idea how to organize them in to seperate categories ie., flowers...On another note here are the roosters that I had stitched out on kitchen towels. I found these towels at the Old Time Pottery store here and they were two for 3.00! Not bad considering that its already got a border and crochet. I hope I can get these photos posted! Designs came from emblibrary.com
Attached Thumbnails just-me-055.jpg  
Old 09-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Swap Hosts

What cute towels!
Old 09-01-2012, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
I'm going to look at that thumbnailer as well. I have all of my designs on my flash drive (2 of them) and have no idea how to organize them in to seperate categories ie., flowers...On another note here are the roosters that I had stitched out on kitchen towels. I found these towels at the Old Time Pottery store here and they were two for 3.00! Not bad considering that its already got a border and crochet. I hope I can get these photos posted! Designs came from emblibrary.com
Here is a site where you can get an organizer for free..it's a zip with many already named folders inside. The little white block download on the right. Open the zip, the folder inside, and see all the categories. I return all to the folder & delete the zip..then ea time I just open, find the folder I want to save to, and VOILA--designs are organized. You can rename the folders if you like. Go here http://www.spoolsstash.com/
Old 09-01-2012, 08:45 AM
Power Poster

Great towels!!
Old 09-02-2012, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Freebie Alert! Julia's Needle has an adorable 1950s housewives set for free this weekend!
http://www.juliasneedledesigns.com/1...HOUSEWIVES.htm
Krystyna, this might be a dumb question but I am learning. So can theses designs be used with ANY embroidery machine??
Old 09-02-2012, 04:28 AM

I absolutely love your towels, they came out beautiful. I love any rooster!! Great job!! I can't wait to be able to do this on mine Pfaff creative once I learn how to use it. What embroidery machine do u have?
Old 09-02-2012, 04:42 AM

Beeboop71; Do you have any of the sew n vac places up there. I know that here they have a monthly club and everyone is invited to join and you can learn alot from them. My Viking dealer says everyone is welcome to her monthly classes. It's 40 for the year if you didn't buy machine from them plus monthly supplies for what we are making. I hope you can find someone to help you. I love doing embroidery and do a lot of looking online at sites tutorials and projects which I learn a lot about. Florani and Viking (Pfaff) have printable files on stabilizers and such. Every month Pfaff and Viking give a free design. Most of the time it's the same one for both machines but sometimes it's different and they also have instructions for making a project w/that design. I check them both out so when they are different I can download them both. I can use any design on my machine but the Pfaff also uses the vp3 that I use for my Ruby. Have you tried other shops other than Pfaff dealers; some of them may offer help. I'm currently working on the tutorials that come in the modules of my software for my machine so I don't know it you have them or not. I really wish you luck. Once you start doing the embroidery you'll love it. I was also happy when I saw the email from Viking about the software for MAC users. I don't have a MAC but have seen where alot do and they need software too. If I can help in any way just let me know and I'll try to answer any questions you have. Also check out Florani when they are doing classes; I'm going to one this month; it cost 30 and I get 599 in free things. I've heard they teach alot about embroidery in general. I also plan on going to a weekend embroidery in Richmond VA in October. It's for 2 days, they supply everything including use of a Brother machine and lots of free designs. They have lots of experienced teachers there so you can ask lots of questions. Even though they don't use your machine you might be able to get enough from the two classes that will give you more confidence in using yours. Just google classes in your area.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:48 AM

The towels are so pretty. Love the embroidery designs.