Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 08-22-2012, 04:05 AM
Banned

Nanamoms

See my post #1121 and click on the link for ALL STITCH they have
large eye needles.

Originally Posted by Nanamoms View Post
Read briefly through the posts...I have the PE700II and in the beginning, I was getting thread shredding. I discovered the "large eye" needles by Organ and it solved my problem. I am using Metroemb Mettlier, some PolyX and the now out of production ARC. Machine still doesn't like Sulky too much!! LOL The large eye cuts down on the friction as the machine stitches so fast. I had a great source but now find it harder to find the "large eye". Need a source for them. Anyone have one? I use the 70/11 and 80/12 in both sharp and ballpoint.

Haven't tried the titanium needles by Organ yet...does anyone have experience with them. They are more expensive so hesitate to buy them.

Ready to get back started with my embroidery. Have taken a few months off with grandchildren playing ball so much but now ready to go again!!
Old 08-22-2012, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by labeelady View Post
No, but thanks for telling me about it. I had no idea that Sears even sold embroidery thread.
The last time I was on line they didn't so I was really surprised when I saw it. If you look under the sewing section you can find it. Lots of colors too. I love RA thread and will be ordering some soon. After I take the Florani class and see what threads I get there with my class so I know what colors I need.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:07 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by SharonTX View Post
I was able to cancel the order with MrVacandMrsSew. I'm going to the website you gave me in a previous post and order the needles. Like I told my husband, when it comes to ordering the needles, IF I'm unable to work with the thread after purchasing the needles, money will NOT be wasted on the purchase as I can never have enough needles on hand. With the net and the organ needle, do you also use a thread stand?
Love Mr Vac and Mrs Sew. I bought my machine from them because they were physically near me.
Needles - here's where I bought mine http://www.sewforless.com/item/Organ..._Pack/6990/c59
No thread stand for me.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:55 PM

I'm wanting a design that I can quilt on my machine after it has been sandwiched together.I'm going to embroidery some blocks but I want to quilt it that .I haven't found any design.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:53 PM

I come bearing bad news. It still isn't working with the threadart. I haven't gotten my organ needles in, but I did change needles, tried the net using the thread stand and the spool holder on my machine. I'm to the point to where I'm so disappointed, I don't even want to touch my machine at this point. Just wondering what to do with 95 spools of embroidery thread. I'll at least wait til after I receive the new needles before deciding what to do. I have got to find someway to make this work.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by ladyg View Post
I'm wanting a design that I can quilt on my machine after it has been sandwiched together.I'm going to embroidery some blocks but I want to quilt it that .I haven't found any design.
There are several embroidery sites that have the quilting designs and I have downloaded a bunch of "free" ones. Try these sites and/or google "embroidery quilt designs".

AnnTheGran.com
Designs in Machine Embroidery

I have lots more but can't think with my tired brain right now but I know you will find lots! I have lots of shapes, motifs or actual designs saved. Also googe "Quilt As You Go" QAYG

Good luck...there are many many out there!!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by SharonTX View Post
I come bearing bad news. It still isn't working with the threadart. I haven't gotten my organ needles in, but I did change needles, tried the net using the thread stand and the spool holder on my machine. I'm to the point to where I'm so disappointed, I don't even want to touch my machine at this point. Just wondering what to do with 95 spools of embroidery thread. I'll at least wait til after I receive the new needles before deciding what to do. I have got to find someway to make this work.
Don't give up even though I know it's frustrating. Do try the new needles and if your machine just throws a tantrum, you can always sell your thread.

This is an idea that I have done before...know it sounds silly but my sewing machine tech told me to turn off my machine, remove the embroidery unit, give the "computer" time to reset, replace the embroidery unit and turn machine back on. Sometimes it is just a teeny something that isn't working right.

Also, I use "unwaxed" dental floss and ever so often run it thru the thread guide to find that invisible fuzz. Sometimes I don't even see anything on the dental floss but it fixes the thread break/shredding. Be sure to use UNwaxed floss. I've found it at Walgreens.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
Nanamoms

See my post #1121 and click on the link for ALL STITCH they have
large eye needles.
Thanks, Louise, I have ordered many times from All Stitch but it's been a while. I remember when they would run a special and send a 10pk of needles with each stabilizer roll although you didn't get to choose the type. I will probably buy 100 75/11s sharps because I use them up the fastest, although I do need ballpoints for the knits but it would take me FOREVER to use up 100 Ballpoints. LOL
Old 08-22-2012, 09:25 PM

Default Silly Question Probably!!

I should know the answer to this as I have several 3 ring binders with needle, stabilizer, etc. info. However, can the embroidery needles and embroidery thread be used for regular sewing (as long as the machines take the same size/type, of course)????? I read where a poster used the 40wt poly embroidery thread for piecing. I have collected a LOT of embroidery thread and would like to not have to invest in more thread except for cotton quilting thread. And I'm on a quest for 100% cotton that isn't so linty. All I've found locally is so thick and linty.

Opinions please?? Thanks!
Old 08-22-2012, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by ladyg View Post
Embroiderylibrary has quilting designs, I also bought some from e bay.