Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 08-16-2013, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by MarnieH View Post
I have a Husqvarna Topaz 30 for 3 years. Although I have done a bit of embroidery, I was using it mostly for quilting.
ive had problems with the scissor mechanism not always retracting. Especially when I'm doing embroidery. This is very frustrating and sometimes can be damaging to the item and almost impossible to .line up again once taken off the machine.
im wondering if anyone else has had same or similar problems with theirs or another Husqvarna machine.
i was thinking of updating to a color screen but I'm having 2nd thoughts about getting another Husqvarna although I do like the Ruby.
feedback please.
Marnie,

There could be a couple of different things wrong with our thread cutter. Quite possibly there is a small piece of thread hung up inside the thread cutter and/or the little felt pad inside the cutter is worn or there is 'thread dust' which is a fancy way of saying it's dirty.

I have the Designer I and because I used to work for Viking years ago, I know how to take the grey plastic cover to the left of the bobbin case off which is where the thread cutter hides.

If you have a friendly Viking dealer most likely someone who works for them would know how to do this and would check it out for you free of charge. I know when I managed a store I taught all of our employees how to do this and a couple of other crucial things that can get you back sewing ASAP.

Hope this little tidbit helps!

Peggy
Old 08-16-2013, 11:50 PM
Gay

blueheavenfla - Why not advertise in your local paper, LQSs [or on radio] to get together with fellow embroiderers who might like to sew and exchange ideas and information. Maybe your dealers don't know anything about the earlier 3D programs and won't make the effort. I've bought 3 Brother machines, 2 second-hand, and sorry I sold the oldest one. They are so user-friendly, and the books very easy to follow, I've never needed to have lessons. I do know Pfaff machines and software take a lot of brain-work.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:04 AM
Banned

Today is the DAY!!

I am going to my first ever Floriani Event. I am so dang excited that
I couldn't sleep last night. and I still have 2 hours until it starts.

Guess I will put gas in the car and get breakfast.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
Today is the DAY!!

I am going to my first ever Floriani Event. I am so dang excited that
I couldn't sleep last night. and I still have 2 hours until it starts.

Guess I will put gas in the car and get breakfast.

Have a great day everyone.
you are going to LOVE the software. Take a credit card...you will need it. The software is usually discounted WAY below suggested price. Got mine early this year and do not regret it. And the stabilizer and thread...fabulous. I am now working on a logo for my husbands racing business .
Old 08-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Banned

I already had the FESP, just don't know HOW to use it yet.

I am not in the financial position right now to spend that much
money ($699 for the My Decorative Quilter & $600 to upgrade my
FESP to the TCP).

Maybe someday IF I can ever get a full time job than I will do the
purchase & upgrade.

As for the stabilizers I have been using them for about 6+ years
and LOVE them.

Originally Posted by Bneighbor View Post
you are going to LOVE the software. Take a credit card...you will need it. The software is usually discounted WAY below suggested price. Got mine early this year and do not regret it. And the stabilizer and thread...fabulous. I am now working on a logo for my husbands racing business .
Old 08-18-2013, 05:11 AM

I love the floriani stabilizers, and I save the codes on them to redeam once I have so many. I also love their thread. Pretty colors and the stitch out really great.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:25 AM

Marnie, I know that when reading my manual they said be careful cleaning the bobbin area because it would be easy to mess up one of them many thread cutters my machine has. I love the auto thread cutter. I know you said you like the Ruby but have you seen the Ruby Deluxe, it has alot of great features. Viking has their convention in Sept and that's when they have all of the new releases and stores have the opportunity to buy machines that were set up to be used at the convention to teach on. Since they are classified as used, even if it was only a few minutes and by professionals, they have great price reductions but come with any extras offered with new ones and the full warranties. I love my Viking and when my Deluxe is paid off I'm getting a smaller one to take to classes and all. I had a Kenmore/Janome but my old electric Singer is messing up so I let my daughter borrow my Kenmore. She fell in love with it and how easily it sews. There is such a difference in a computerized machines and the older electric. She says she's never giving it back. Last night we were finishing up her boyfriends quilt and wanted to learn how to use the Diamond. I told her I didn't know if that was safe because she wasn't getting that one too. She just laughed and said, that I never let her take it to her house so I was safe. She's right, it doesn't leave home without me.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:44 AM

Quilty Louise hope you enjoyed the seminar. I'll be attending mine in Oct. so let us know how it went!
Old 08-18-2013, 04:30 PM

Thanks to all who offered suggestions.
Donna
Old 08-18-2013, 05:13 PM
Power Poster

Don't worry Donna, I'm sure we can figure it out!