Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 08-19-2013, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by MarnieH View Post
I have a Husqvarna Topaz 30 for 3 years. Although I have done a bit of embroidery, I was using it mostly for quilting.
ive had problems with the scissor mechanism not always retracting. Especially when I'm doing embroidery. This is very frustrating and sometimes can be damaging to the item and almost impossible to .line up again once taken off the machine.
im wondering if anyone else has had same or similar problems with theirs or another Husqvarna machine.
i was thinking of updating to a color screen but I'm having 2nd thoughts about getting another Husqvarna although I do like the Ruby.
feedback please.
I have this problem every so often. I run it in to my local dealer (60 miles each way) and have his do a cleaning on it. Even though I vacuum the sewing area once a month, a thread or a bit of dust gets caught in the cutting area. After he does a cleaning, while I am in town, I am heading home with a "clean" machine.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:43 PM

Thanks, Dawn. I get so uptight just thinking about trying to use the embroidery feature. Otherwise, it is a wonderful machine. It is a shame too, that the updates are so expensive. Thank goodness that the updates for computers for a whole new operating system aren't so expensive. I am so glad to have a friend to help me get going on embroidery.

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 View Post
Don't worry Donna, I'm sure we can figure it out!
Old 08-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Power Poster

Until you get to know your icons, it's all foreign gibbrish!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:15 PM

HI...for my 73rd birthday my hubby got me a SINGER Futura Quartet 6700. I've barely began to check it out, but hoping I can learn it and most of all understand how to download designs. I'm having a terrible time figuring that part out. Did make a design on a girl doll (make dolls for very sick kids and give away)

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...227953-12.html

page 12 shows the latest 2 dolls and if you go to page 1, you will see the machine. Maybe I can get more active at last. Plan to peruse what is on here and try to learn from all of you.

Vickey Stamps (aka) wordpaintervs

Last edited by wordpaintervs; 08-21-2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: un-needed info.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by wordpaintervs View Post
HI...for my 73rd birthday my hubby got me a SINGER Futura Quartet 6700. I've barely began to check it out, but hoping I can learn it and most of all understand how to download designs. I'm having a terrible time figuring that part out. Did make a design on a girl doll (make dolls for very sick kids and give away)

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...227953-12.html

page 12 shows the latest 2 dolls and if you go to page 1, you will see the machine. Maybe I can get more active at last. Plan to peruse what is on here and try to learn from all of you.

Vickey Stamps (aka) wordpaintervs
Found this on YouTube and thought it might help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTtWaM_7Q5I
Old 08-22-2013, 04:23 PM
Banned

Today was the 6th annual Technology Party, with the unveiling
of the new 2014 Brother, & Pfaff top of the line high end machines.
They are the local dealer where I buy my machines the local dealer
for Brother, Bernina, Pfaff, and Juki machines.

The 3 hours I was there I seen woman making MANY purchases
of these machines, once woman wrote a check and paid in full
OVER $85,000 for various machines all because it struck her
"whim" another lady asked her if she had a sewing club or a lot
of friends who all get together for sewing days she replied no I
just wanted to get them.

All total just from what i was able to view I bet that I seen that
store take in well OVER $600,000 today alone, not counting this
same party this morning, at their other 3 stores.

Yeah you can say I have machine envy really bad now. This was
the first technology party I had ever attended, and it will be my last
until I can plan to buy a new machine myself.

But with that said I guess I need to take my machine in for cleaning
and adjustment AGAIN, as the top thread keeps breaking at random
interval like it did before.
It was just in March when I took it in last time, so glad I got the extended
warranty on this machine at this rate it is going to be serviced 2-3 times a
year and I really DON'T do that much sewing and embroidery on it to cause
these issues.

Hope everyone has a great evening and an even greater weekend coming up.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:31 PM

Hi everyone, I have a Husq. Topaz30, and some Anita Good Design packages for quilting patterns. Can anyone tell me whether you are suppose to hoop the sandwiches squares or not? I tried to find instructions on YouTube and Anita good deism websites. Not finding helpful info, so I can get started. Thanks,
Old 08-22-2013, 10:34 PM

Thanks Sophie. I got my machine back today and will tTy it out tomorrow.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:05 AM

I hoop the 3 layers of quilt. There really aren't any instructions on youtube when I looked either it was a learn as you go thing for me. I have quilted 2 quilts with my embroidery machine using a single pass 4 inch design in a charm square block. I have thought about making a video while I do this but I am camera shy lol. There is a tool called PAL that helps you center your design in the block or square but I am too frugal to purchase one lol, so I eye ball the centering and do okay. Good luck and I can't wait to see what you do :-)

Originally Posted by MarnieH View Post
Hi everyone, I have a Husq. Topaz30, and some Anita Good Design packages for quilting patterns. Can anyone tell me whether you are suppose to hoop the sandwiches squares or not? I tried to find instructions on YouTube and Anita good deism websites. Not finding helpful info, so I can get started. Thanks,
Old 08-23-2013, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by blueheavenfla View Post
Thanks, Dawn. I get so uptight just thinking about trying to use the embroidery feature.
Don't be afraid to use your embroidery part of the machine. For me it is the least threatening part of a sewing machine.

Check out youtube for your brand and d/l videos teaching you how to use it. Also do a search on line on basics of embroidery machine and learn from that as well. If you can be so lucky as I was earlier this year having a lady locally give some of us some lessons on our machines (all for $15 a lesson which lasted 2-3 hours each) it is worth it and a lot more. I would have gladly spent up to $40 an hour to learn such things.

I have learned so much on my own by d/l online videos on how to do various type projects with my embroidery machine as well as using my Evolution serger, my embellisher and of course my Quattro 2 embroidery machine.

I d/l so I can have it on my laptop and tablet to view whenever I want to. You can d/l FREE downloaders for such videos from youtube and other places.

The way to feel more at ease with our machines is to do our research on how to use them as well as types of fabrics, stabilizers and such to use for each project we create.