Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 04-08-2014, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by ania755 View Post
May be its because I am using Ipad? Not sure....I swear I didn,t drink anything so far, only my morning coffee.....
its only the 15000 that has wifi connection for using the iPad. It was tempting but would've cost another couple of thousand - eek! I've still not told my other half how much my machine cost. He did ask but all I replied was nevermind that just be chuffed I saved a grand!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:40 AM

Nine years ago I purchased the Husqvarna-Viking Scandinavia 300 embroidery machine with a 4" (100mmx100mm) hoop. Also purchased the Plus hoop (100mmx170mm). My only thoughtful use for an embroidery machine at the time, was to make quilt labels!!!! Oh, my.......I have done so very much more since that first thought. I started with the 3D Embroidery Extra software and upgraded to the 4D & 5D, but couldn't see any reason to upgrade to the 6D (gets expensive to keep upgrading). If my pocketbook could afford a machine with larger hoops, I would go there, but I would NOT trade my Scandinavia 300 as I like the way it sews and it treats me good. As for thread, I started with the Sulky and like the 40 rayon, but do have Anton-Robinson and a couple other brands when I had to buy in a pinch (& the store didn't carry Sulky). I really do like the Sulky sheen.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:24 PM

Just found this site. I have a Husqvarna Viking SE . Would like to learn how to make 3 layer quilt blocks on it. Can someone help me. The back doesn't look good . what am I doing wrong. Thanks
Old 04-12-2014, 06:23 AM

Default Birds nest

At one time, it seemed like just about everything I did turned into another birds nest. After lots of posts on this site and getting help (thank you all for your suggestions) it seems that my problem was the manner of filling the bobbins.
Even so, I still get a nest from time to time and it generally happens on the final block of series and very close to the end of the stitching! I got a one piece knife kind of thing that is flat and supposed to slide under the hoop to cut the threads. Don't get one! They don't work. Too short and more dull than my kitchen knives! I generally end up cutting holes in the embroidery and basically ruining any chance of finishing the block.
Last week, on a website that I can't remember the name to give credit, I saw a tip. To get rid of the birds nest without ruining the embroidery, remove the pressure foot. Duh! Obviously I never thought to do that. When it happens again, and I know it will, I'll give it a try and let you know if it helps.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Jratcliff View Post
At one time, it seemed like just about everything I did turned into another birds nest. After lots of posts on this site and getting help (thank you all for your suggestions) it seems that my problem was the manner of filling the bobbins.
Even so, I still get a nest from time to time and it generally happens on the final block of series and very close to the end of the stitching! I got a one piece knife kind of thing that is flat and supposed to slide under the hoop to cut the threads. Don't get one! They don't work. Too short and more dull than my kitchen knives! I generally end up cutting holes in the embroidery and basically ruining any chance of finishing the block.
Last week, on a website that I can't remember the name to give credit, I saw a tip. To get rid of the birds nest without ruining the embroidery, remove the pressure foot. Duh! Obviously I never thought to do that. When it happens again, and I know it will, I'll give it a try and let you know if it helps.
There has been times when I not only removed the pressure foot but also the needle plate. This allows me to cut the thread from under the plate and eliminating more of a chance to cut the fabric in the process. I have also at times sprayed some temp adhesive spray onto WS and put it over the area that messed up and continued to finish my piece.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:56 AM
Banned

How many back up files do you have for all your embroidery designs?

When I get new designs I immediately download them to my external
hard drive. I mainly do this for 2 reasons, one because when we go to
the cabin, MIL or FIL homes for weekend trips I always take my laptop
with me. Quite often I will be awake long before anyone else so during
those quiet times I work on sorting/renaming my designs.

My second reason for saving to my external drive is because of computer
crashes have caused me to lose many design in the past and I was thankful
for having a backup.

But I have my computer setup with automatic file backups for certain
files on my computer, and this will also include backing up my embroidery
design to my secondary internal hard drive in my computer.

Than lets not forget about the jump drives (from 1 to 64 gig) not all of them
are backups, but most of them does have at least 1 design to which i plan
on formatting to clean the drive.

How do you insure never to lose your designs?

How about you?
Old 04-15-2014, 03:22 AM

Louise I've been fortunate so far that my puter works. I keep my designs on a usb drive and keep the categories by date that I purchased. It is daunting for me at this point to name folders and put the designs in them.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:56 AM

I also save my designs to an external hard drive, & then save them in certain folders by type of design. I only use a USB to transfer a design to my machine.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:00 PM

Hi, I have a Bernina 830 and have not attempted embroidery yet although I'm going to see a friend of a friend in a few days that is going to show me the basics , like what stabiliser and thread also how to put fabric into the hoop and the hoop onto the unit! I am a complete nubie to embroidery. Do any help is gratefully received.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:25 AM

Stella, the first "hurdle" is getting to know your machine and how to set it up for embroidery. It is a learning curve and always evolving in how you want to use the machine. Read everything you can "online". Mfgr. Sites, Design sites, etc. Be patient and take this one project at a time. Don't get discouraged. There is a lot to learn! Have fun and post your projects.

sandy