Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 07-08-2014, 03:06 PM

I feel your pain, Nena, and look forward to receiving advice from others on the Board!
Old 07-08-2014, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by nena View Post
Hope I am doing this right. Could not see where to start new thread. I have the small brother se400. After over a year setting here, I got it out and did a couple of little things. Decided I wanted more patterns so I bought 50.00 worth of patterns. ( thought I was getting a card. ) not... had to downloaded to computer. OK that's fine except found out I had to have software to use them. Ok, pd 100.00 for software. Got it today and now my computer says It can not find a drive to load the software. I have a gun but no shells.... What to do? lol Any ideas?
oh dear nena! Which software did you buy? The only one you need presently is a card writer/ reader for transferring designs from computer to machine. Is that what you bought? There are many free programs to cover your other needs...sizing, reformatting to your machine's format, editing, etc. Even free programs for digitizing an creating your own designs. I hope we can help you here...just ask all the questions you want!
Old 07-08-2014, 04:38 PM

mermaid , I sent you and email. Yes I have windows 7 and when I tried to plug in the usb port the software said it could not find a driver.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:38 PM

I don't think I would have a problem using it if I could just get it installed.
Old 07-08-2014, 05:38 PM

Ok, got driver downloaded now cannot transfer files. Ok, going to bed. Maybe I will have better luck tomorrow.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:20 PM

Does anyone use iron on stabilizer for tee shirts?
Where do you purchase it?
Please help.
Originally Posted by GrandmaSewNSew View Post
Could someone recommend where I can get iron on stabilizer on line to use with tee shirts. I'm having a difficult time finding any and would ideally like it to be wider than 12 inches. Thanks.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:59 PM

Does anyone use iron on stabilizer for tee shirts?
Where do you purchase it?
Please help.
I don't purchase it/use it but look on Amazon.com...they have many options.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:05 AM

GrandmaSewNSew I buy the packaged Pellon for iron on at Joann's. They have it in lightweight and medium. I also use Floriani, which is steeper in price and only sold in quilt stores that carry them. Check out Joann's if you have one near you or if not go to the website www.joann.com
Old 07-09-2014, 03:59 AM

Could someone recommend where I can get iron on stabilizer on line to use with tee shirts. I'm having a difficult time finding any and would ideally like it to be wider than 12 inches. Thanks.
For the inside of the TShirt I buy Floriani's no show mesh, its really soft against the skin plus I use a WS on the top. I can get it locally but you can order it from
http://rnkdistributing.com/products/...y-Stabilizers/.

There is a place on there where you can see if you have a local dealer which makes it nice. If you save your labels then after so many you get free stuff back. When I take the plastic and label off the roll I just put itinto the tube. This saves the label and a good reminder what each stabilizer is. they even have a workbook up there on what to use where and when.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:08 AM

Hi GrandmaSewnSew. I recently purchased some iron on nylon tricot to iron onto tshirts before embroidering. I think I got it from Fabric.com. It works great. Just iron it on the underside of the shirt and then use regular stabilizer. I use a medium tear away. I can't take credit for the nylon tricot, it may have been info I read on the QB, but it is a great help for the knits.