Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 03-27-2012, 05:50 AM

I started with the Brother Snoopy machine--then I got the Bernina Deco 600--both were sold when I bought the Bro ULT2003D new..and I truly fell in love. It sews as well as embroiders..4 hoop sizes. Recently I added a used ULT2002D that was upgraded to 2003. So now I have 2 of the same machine and there is no way I'd change brands. They use cards or floppy disks, and I have software PE Design v4, and v5, and a Mini Magic Box. I've installed My Editor which I use as much as the pe design--I have Embird, and the free Pulse Ambassador (all 3 will convert formats.) I just don't have time to do as much as I'd like, but my late favorite is projects made ITH. Love them!
Old 03-27-2012, 05:54 AM
Banned

quiltnut - the thread I used was purchased from Amazon.com
It is called "Radiant Threads" by C&C Sales NY Inc. I posted the
link earlier, but here it is again
Amazon.com and it has a
GREAT price for 50 spools, it breaks down to about .90 per spool.

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
QuiltyLouise,
Those Angels are beautiful! And you said you used what kind of thread again? Sorry having a brain fart this morning
Old 03-27-2012, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
While we were chuckling someone else was admiring the quilt and wondering why it didn't place higher. A woman, who I think was a show official, remarked with disdain, "Yes, the embroidery is lovely, but SHE didn't do it, did she? No. The machine did it."
Somebody had to plan how the designs were combined and where to place them for the best effect. This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing the picture. It provides inspiration for ways in which to incorporate embroidery into quilting.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:00 AM
Banned

As I predicted ran out of thread. I was able to get 11 finished leaving
just 1 blasted angel undone.

Had I known at the start of making them I would have "planned"
my stitch order differently. As it is it is the September angel that
did not get finished.

Oh well live and learn I had fun making them anyways.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:48 AM

Check the floriani website and see if they have a seminar going on near you. It cost me thirty dollars but got all kinds of gifts. Ten huge spools of thread, designs, stabilizer samples, thread conversion cd, ect. She gave a couple hour talk o stablizers and designs and computer help. No hard line selling, lots of info.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:18 AM

Default P E software locks computer

Could it be that your P E software needs updating? Could that be causing your computer to freeze up? Why don't you visit the Brother (updates) site and compare your version with the update info. If that is the prob (or maybe you need updated drivers for the card reader)....anyway, you can download the entire updated program from Brother site and install--then connect the box to verify you have ownership, and it will update the drivers. Also, you know that the OS must be 32bit processor, right? I hope you can get this worked out--it is a great program...but almost each release version has updates. Good luck!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
I started with the Brother Snoopy machine--then I got the Bernina Deco 600--both were sold when I bought the Bro ULT2003D new..and I truly fell in love. It sews as well as embroiders..4 hoop sizes. Recently I added a used ULT2002D that was upgraded to 2003. So now I have 2 of the same machine and there is no way I'd change brands. They use cards or floppy disks, and I have software PE Design v4, and v5, and a Mini Magic Box. I've installed My Editor which I use as much as the pe design--I have Embird, and the free Pulse Ambassador (all 3 will convert formats.) I just don't have time to do as much as I'd like, but my late favorite is projects made ITH. Love them!
mermaid, I'm a Snoopy fan and up until a while ago I found that Brother Snoopy machines were existent at one time. I'm going to check if there are any out there, maybe ebay to see if there is a used one out there!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:33 AM

I have a janome 10001 on some of the designs i get the thread count is to large. Is there any thing I can do to use the designs. And when doing a design the thread comes out of the pick up bar. Is there anything I can do so it don't come out.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:02 AM

I have a Janome 350e. I have done lots of embroidery on towels and for my Grandchildren. My next step is to start embroidering on my quilts
Old 03-27-2012, 10:51 AM

Default Re Brother Snoopy machine

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
mermaid, I'm a Snoopy fan and up until a while ago I found that Brother Snoopy machines were existent at one time. I'm going to check if there are any out there, maybe ebay to see if there is a used one out there!
It was fun...I did Lucy, Charlie, Snoopy..all those kids on everything I owned! One day at the flea mkt, wearing a Lucy/Snoopy decorated top, a stranger came up to me wanting to know where I got it. When I said I embroidered them, she went wild to own my machine. I was already thinking of another anyway...for lgr hoops. The Snoopy came with 2 hoops--one was for split designs. I added a cap hoop and never used it. Good luck in your search.