Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 03-28-2012, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
There is a wonderful chart to download for free--I posted the info yesterday. You can get it at www.diamondthreadworks.com
I can't remember where I learned of it, but it covers all fabrics--recommending the proper stabilizers...VERY handy document!

Mermaid,
I tried this site but its not available...
Old 03-28-2012, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
Mermaid,
I tried it also and it does not work. Would love to get the information. Does anyone have a different address for this information?
Old 03-28-2012, 05:53 AM

Please know who you are buying licensed designs from..I bought from e bay years ago when I got my first machine. The OESD attorneys came after me also. I did not have a clue..figured e bay would be ok to buy from. They tried to fine me 800.00 and return the disks. If you look at e bay now most of the illegal designs come out of diff countries. It worked out but it was scary.
I tried this site but its not available...[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
For anyone interested in specific characters such as snoopy,
pooh, barney, and MANY others I found this website with quite
a few designs.

The website is called "SAVEonDesigns" if anyone is interested.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by LoriJ View Post
Ok, I have a question for all you embroidery experts out there. What kind of stabilizer would I use with this? It's 100% rayon, texture and drape mimics pashima silk. If possible, I'd like to have a double sided design on the ends. Theorys, suggestions??
If it stretches any least little bit you need a cut away stabolizer. I believe there are different weights available. Before working on your project try to find a piece of fabric similar to your blue in pic above. Use different weights and see what gets the best one.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear View Post
Hi,

If you have an embroidery machine please chat with us so we can help learn from each other. Please post what machines you have and what projects you are making. We would love to see pictures of your projects

This will be fun.

I have a Janome 10000 which I haven't started using yet so want to get it out and start learning to use it.

Karen "Craftybear" Indiana, USA
This sounds fun. I used to have a Singer Quantum XL 150 fo0r about 5 years. I had never machine embroidered before. I went into the Sewing Center for something totally different and came out with this. Salesman very good. I immediately was hooked. I kind of self-taught myself. I really like this type of sewing if you can call it that. But this machine was limited in the size hoops it could accomodate, 4x4, 5x7. Last fall I did some window shopping and found a good deal on trading in my Singer. I now have a Viking Ruby. I have purchased a couple more hoops (pretty expensive for me) to fill in what didn't come with the machine. I am more in love now! I really like the more choices of hoops. I do projects for our church bazaar, and things for me. I use it alot to make labels for my quilt. I guess I'm lazy that way. I will say that I have gone in for lessons now and then because my "Ruby" (I finally named one of me machines because it is my mother's name) has more bells and whistles on her. I have purchased some designs to make quilts with. But I am very frugel, or cheap, and on sale, and spend alot of money on designs. I find designs that are free and purchase from the websites that handle these designs. I have slowly showed my daughter how to use it. She will be the only one out of 2 daughters that may be interested. Any other questions, ask.
Craftybear, will there be ongoing chatting about m.e.? I will try to keep checking. Thanks
Old 03-28-2012, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by Crqltr View Post
Please know who you are buying licensed designs from..I bought from e bay years ago when I got my first machine. The OESD attorneys came after me also. I did not have a clue..figured e bay would be ok to buy from. They tried to fine me 800.00 and return the disks. If you look at e bay now most of the illegal designs come out of diff countries. It worked out but it was scary.
[/QUOTE]
I had this happen to me also. didn't have to pay the fine, just returned the cd. So I never but designs from ebay any more.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by gjp424 View Post
Sewnsewr2, Is the Bernina 640 just an embroidery only machine? My wonderful husband is buying me a new Bernina 440QE but I don't want the embroidery option. I have never embrodered but think I would love it but I am leaning toward a machine that only emroiders. I am a true bernian girl but the dealer that I bougt my first bernina from no longer sells them. He has suggested the Janome 350E ($999). He said that Janome is now making the embroidery machines for bernina. I hadn't heard that before so I don't know how true it is. If the 640 is an embroidery only machine could you please tell me how long ago you bought your machine and about how much you paid for it. My local Bernina dealer does not sell the embroidery only machines. They said they can get me one but I really don't want to buy without trying it.
Thanks-GJP424
Hi,

The Bernina 630 and 640 are both sewing machines that have the capacity to attach an embroidery module to them that you can either buy with the machine (I got a great deal on mine) or you can buy it later if you don't want it now. Ot if you never fancy embroidery.... you never have to purchase the module.

Hope this helps.

Caroline
Old 03-28-2012, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Crqltr View Post
[/QUOTE]

I'm just wondering - what did they come after you for? Buying counterfeit designs or using them to sell items?

I looked at the designs on Saveondesigns but they didn't look like the same quality that I'd expect if they were "original". For example, the Pooh design looked poorly digititzed. It could be the image, but it didn't look that great.a "professional" Pooh design which I'd
Old 03-28-2012, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear View Post
Hi,

If you have an embroidery machine please chat with us so we can help learn from each other. Please post what machines you have and what projects you are making. We would love to see pictures of your projects

This will be fun.

I have a Janome 10000 which I haven't started using yet so want to get it out and start learning to use it.

Karen "Craftybear" Indiana, USA
I

I have bought a used, barely used Bernina artista 180 with the embroidery module, which has never been used. I need HELP! I have not used an embroidery machine before and do not know how to begin.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:25 PM

OESD is a big company, when I got a letter from the lawyer I called and talked to someone explaining that I thought I was buying legal from e bay and how did they get away with selling ? I was imformed that they go after both buyer and seller for having and selling illegal designs. It was mostly a scare tactic and it worked for me, I no longer buy illegal designs!

I'm just wondering - what did they come after you for? Buying counterfeit designs or using them to sell items?

I looked at the designs on Saveondesigns but they didn't look like the same quality that I'd expect if they were "original". For example, the Pooh design looked poorly digititzed. It could be the image, but it didn't look that great.a "professional" Pooh design which I'd[/QUOTE]