"MY PAGES" >

"MY PAGES"

"MY PAGES"

Old 04-01-2011, 10:13 AM

Where do you find My Page?
Old 04-01-2011, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by jody100
Where do you find My Page?
Jody, if you go up to the top of this page, you will see where it says (to the left) "my profile". Click on my profile and then you will see on that page where it will say "my pages". Does that help?
Old 04-01-2011, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
Originally Posted by Kappy
Originally Posted by Sadiemae
Originally Posted by Beth Dishong
Originally Posted by Sandee
Is there a limit to the number of posts you can save under MY PAGES?
I hate to appear "stupid" but how do you save a page?
You go to My Pages. You name a new page. You can then place whatever information you want on that page and then at the bottom of the page you click on save. When you want to change or add to the page- you go to My Pages, click on edit for that page and make your changes, then save.

To save a post you can copy the URL and paste it on a page in My Pages, or you can click on Bookmark and either save it as view Public or not.
I was with you up to ..."you can then place whatever information..." This may seem obvious to some, but how do you get the info to the page? I will be the first to admit I am definitely tech. challenged! LOL
I usually copy and paste, because I am too lazy to type all of the information. Most of mine are links to videos, tutorials, blogs, and patterns. You can look at what I have begun if you click on my name, then click on My Pages, Then click on one of the pages and you can see it. Craftybear has also set up some great pages if you want to check out hers instead of mine.
Sadiemae, you are not lazy, you are high tech! :shock:
Old 04-01-2011, 11:08 AM

I have been trying to copy and save to "My Pages" but none of the pictures come through. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 04-01-2011, 11:41 AM

I love this computer talk, I only wish I understood it. lol lol
Pickle
Old 04-01-2011, 11:41 AM

I don't worry too much about that. Every once in a while I just copy everything to a disc. For me it's safer that way. I'm always losing stuff on here but a disc I can put into a case like the kids use for their music cd's. It's a little harder to lose something that big and don't have to worry about clicking something wrong and you know when the case gets full and can get a new one. Then you can file them like binders ---- oh sorry, that's me getting carried away again. :oops:
I don't know how to use bookmark or any of the others anyway. I just save to doc then download to discs.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:29 PM

I have been trying to copy and save to "My Pages" but none of the pictures come through. Am I doing something wrong?
Not sure what you are doing. Are you trying to just save photos from the board to your "my pages"? I haven't done that. But, you can save whole topics to the "my pages" and all the photos in that topic will show up. Let me know if I can help you. Always glad to do sew... if I know how, that is. :-D
Old 04-01-2011, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Not sure what you are doing. Are you trying to just save photos from the board to your "my pages"? I haven't done that. But, you can save whole topics to the "my pages" and all the photos in that topic will show up. Let me know if I can help you. Always glad to do sew... if I know how, that is. :-D
O.K., will try explain what I do.....how much time do ya have LOL Anyway, say for example I go to "Pictures" and I see Tiffany Stained Glass and I want to save the 1st comment made which also contains pictures...I highlight, hit ctrl and c, then go to My Pages and go to the page I want this on and hit ctrl and v and all that copies are the words..no pictures, alas I need the pictures too, so what do I do?
Old 04-01-2011, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
:idea: I just realized what you said....highlight the address in the bar at the top and it all transfers...this is good, but just for kicks and giggles what would I do if I only wanted to save one of postings from a topic (along with pictures of course) and not the whole thing?
Old 04-01-2011, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Beth Dishong
Originally Posted by Sandee
Is there a limit to the number of posts you can save under MY PAGES?
I hate to appear "stupid" but how do you save a post?
This is all new to me. But I never would have asked. I'm so glad you did. Cool stuff. Thanks. Pat