Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accessory Recommendations From Juki TL Owners Please? >

Accessory Recommendations From Juki TL Owners Please?

Accessory Recommendations From Juki TL Owners Please?

Old 09-12-2016, 02:08 PM

Gshalom, I bought the machine for a really good price from Amazon. Don't think a free anything is in the cards for me! But that's fine; I ordered it knowing that I would spend some of the $$ I saved by buying this way on accessories. The trick is in deciding which ones! I'm definitely looking at that seam guide. Now must look up QIAD ..."
Old 09-12-2016, 02:22 PM

Are you all buying accessories from dealers? Our local dealer isn't really interested in anything but the larger quilter.
No Juki accessories in store, and they don't seem to care.

There are some I would like to look at and buy, but I can't find an online vendor. Juki is no help.
Old 09-12-2016, 02:54 PM

WeezyRider, I am seeing Juki accessories mostly online, following leads given to me here. Try:
Raichert.com
kenssewingcenter.com
sewingpartsonline.com
Old 09-12-2016, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by McGargantuette View Post
Patricia Drew, I was looking at the Schamber non-hopping foot online. Looks like it has has a closed toe. If that’s the one you use, do you wish it had an open toe for FMQ?

Colorfulom, it’s good to know that you like the Juki modified hopping foot and don’t have any problems with it. Any idea which Janome walking foot you are using on the Janome? There are so many different ones!

Sailorwoman, I’m not sure, but I think the Juki TL series will accommodate the larger thread cones (could be wrong about that though). Which open-toed FMQ foot are you using?

Jeanne S and Tessagin, is that the “Juki Standard Presser Foot” shown in that photo with the seam guide? I’m still not really clear about which feet will come with my machine.

Thanks to you all for your continuing patience and kindness in giving this information to me – I’m so excited about my new Juki, and since I’m such a novice seamstress and quilter, I have way too many questions I’m sure. ;-)

Judy
Not really. I like it "as is". The foot is really "tiny", you can really see where you're going. I think it's a good investment. I use that foot A LOT.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Patricia Drew View Post
Not really. I like it "as is". The foot is really "tiny", you can really see where you're going. I think it's a good investment. I use that foot A LOT.
And YES the Juki TL series will accommodate the larger thread cones.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:42 PM

PatriciaDrew, thanks for answering yet another question. I'm starting to think the Schamber foot on my short list for purchase in the near future. And good to know that I'll be able to use a large cone of thread if one shows up in my house!
Old 09-13-2016, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
I did do a modification of that darned noisy clanking walking foot. I was doing a large quilt with lots of stitch-in-the-ditch and the noise was driving me bonkers! I took some photos and keep meaning to upload them here so others can see what I did. It's a very low-tech solution, involving shelf liner, but it worked! I'll try to remember to share it soon.
Really interested in this!!!

charlotte
Old 09-13-2016, 04:06 AM

McGargantuette, I ordered the Juki Open Toe Free Motion Foot for HZL-DXSKU:
SKU: juki-40080949
Old 09-13-2016, 04:23 AM

A lot of the generic high shank feet fit this machine. Hop on over to wawak.com and take a look - very modest prices. Of course, I do garments, wallets and various other projects, so some of the options are very useful for me without much of an investment.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:29 AM

Re: Online stores.

I've looked at a few. The problem I've found is that some offer Alphasew (I think) feet for the Juki 2010. They don't fit. The Open toe foot is OK since you can keep an eye on the needle, but on some other feet, the needle hits the needle hole in the plate. I've used Sewing Parts for Less, they are a very good dealer. I'll see the same feet sometimes on Allbrands.

I haven't seen the quilting guide anywhere, all the ones I've seen were for a foot that didn't fit.

I even bought a foot that didn't work from a Juki dealer who also sold Brother.

Wawak and the other companies do not show up in a search. I'll have to check them out.

Most of the searches show stores like Ali Baba and other oriental sites.

About the feet - I have the idea that whoever is doing the web catalog sees Juki on the package and doesn't always check which machine. Juki makes sewing machines and the feet might fit them well.