Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accessory Recommendations From Juki TL Owners Please? >

Accessory Recommendations From Juki TL Owners Please?

Accessory Recommendations From Juki TL Owners Please?

Old 09-13-2016, 07:32 PM

As promised, here is my extremely low-tech solution to the clanky walking foot problem! It saved me from headaches while finishing a quilt with miles of stitch-in-the-ditch.

I found that the issue (at least with my Juki) was that the u-shaped hook on the walking foot that goes over the needle clamp constantly jumps up and down while I'm sewing. I needed a way to "pad" that hook so that it wouldn't constantly be whacking metal-on-metal and making tons of noise.

I wrapped a tiny strip of shelf liner (that grippy stuff you can buy a whole roll of at the Dollar Tree) around the top portion of the u-shape, and then simply put a good portion of regular clear tape around it to hold the shelf liner on. Then, I wrapped the bottom portion of the u-shape with the same regular clear tape. It worked! There is still some "play" in the two pieces (between the u-shape and the needle clamp) but it is much tighter and more secure and, hooray, no more noise. Best part is, if the little piece of liner breaks apart after a while or comes loose, you just need another strip and some more tape. It's as cheap and easy a solution as possible!

Here are a couple of not-so-great photos taken with my phone. The shelf liner in the picture is beige and the tape is clear, of course. Please excuse the dust LOL. I think you'll get the idea though!
Attached Thumbnails juki-foot-1.jpg   juki-foot-2.jpg  
Old 09-13-2016, 09:23 PM

Perfect -- thank you, DonnaC! That sounds easy enough!
Old 09-14-2016, 06:34 AM

only thing i bought were more bobbins, love mine. Let me know if you have trouble with the needel threader, mine never did work
Old 09-14-2016, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by briskgo View Post
only thing i bought were more bobbins, love mine. Let me know if you have trouble with the needel threader, mine never did work
So glad you brought that up. The needle threader on my TL2010Q has never worked either. I have looked at numerous UTube clips, and tried and tried. Never worked. However, I now have a Juki HZL-DX7 and the needle threader on that one works fine. So I guess it wasn't me ... surely something wrong with the needle threader on the TL2010Q....