Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
accu cutter >

accu cutter

accu cutter

Old 12-13-2010, 03:35 AM

I bought one and I really like mine as well. I do hate the prices of the dies though. I really need a 2 1/2 strip cutter but Im waiting for Santa to bring it to me.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by phatquilts
Do I understand this correctly, the crank must be turned manually? Some of us also have finger, wrist and shoulder issues.

The concept of the accu cutter is terrific; maybe one day I will be able to try it out for a few days-do they rent it out.
Yes, it must be turned manually but if you don't put too many thickness in, it's not difficult. I do no more than 3 layers at a time. Works well for me.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:49 AM

Thank you Quilters for your experiences and testimonials. This will be on my wish list probably in the far future. Now, do I understand it correctly, no more than six layers can be cut at a time and six (6) inch squares are the largest die size?

Future decisions a FW or an accu-cutter? Merry Christmas everyone.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:55 AM

I love that I do not have to plug it in or connect it to a computer!!! You can bring it anywhere with out worrying about having to plug it in.
Originally Posted by All Thumbs
Originally Posted by phatquilts
Do I understand this correctly, the crank must be turned manually? Some of us also have finger, wrist and shoulder issues.

The concept of the accu cutter is terrific; maybe one day I will be able to try it out for a few days-do they rent it out.
Yes, phatquilts, the handle is manually turned. Check out what I wrote (just above). I imagine if it were electric, the company would have a huge liability insurance package because someone would do something wrong and unable to stop it quick enough.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:00 AM

I don't know if I will invest in this, after having the Simplicity model, and returning it because of poor performance, not sure I would invest that much into the product....
Old 12-13-2010, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by azgal
I will be watching this thread too. Wondering if the prices will come down after Christmas??
Joanns just had it on sale for $199. That was a great deal!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 05:50 AM

I love my AccQuilt GO!! My left hand is paraylsed from a childhood disease and I found cutting with a rotary cutter and ruler really hard. With my GO it is just a matter of putting fabric on die, place the plastic on it and send it through by cranking the handle. I just cut up all my scraps and it is unreal how many strips, squares large and small I have. Now all I have to do is sew. I cut these while I was camping. Check www.accuquilt.com as they have a special deals each day. I also found a quiltingshop in Bunnell, FL that gives a nice discount plus I have fun at a craft penny auction site that has accuquilt dies most nights that go for less than two dollars. There are quite a few videos on youtube and there is a gal named Ebony that has some great AccuQuilt videos.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:50 AM

I love my AccQuilt GO!! My left hand is paraylzed from a childhood disease and I found cutting with a rotary cutter and ruler really hard. With my GO it is just a matter of putting fabric on die, place the plastic on it and send it through by cranking the handle. I just cut up all my scraps and it is unreal how many strips, squares large and small I have. Now all I have to do is sew. I cut these while I was camping. Check www.accuquilt.com as they have a special deals each day. I also found a quiltingshop in Bunnell, FL that gives a nice discount plus I have fun at a craft penny auction site that has accuquilt dies most nights that go for less than two dollars. There are quite a few videos on youtube and there is a gal named Ebony that has some great AccuQuilt videos.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:09 AM

That system (even the GO) is too expensive for me. My husband bought me the QuiltCut2 for Christmas. I will let you know how it is when it arrives.
It cost $300 with the carrying case. Rather than explain it here, just google it to see.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:27 AM

I was watching a video on the smaller one the other day and it says to put a piece of papaer, (computer paper ok) over them before you cut. No reason was given.

The Baby GO is about $139.99, Over the Rainbow in Wash state had them for $129.00 ad she akways has dies on sale.