Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
accu cutter >

accu cutter

accu cutter

Old 12-13-2010, 06:36 AM

Hi,
I am a GO addict. I've had my GO for about 6 months now, and have never had any regrets. My first quilt cut on my GO was a king size 9 patch. I needed over 500 3 1/2" squares. I think it took my 1/2 hour max to cut these out. I have made small size 9 patch quilts before and really do like them, but no way was I going to cut out 500 squares with a rotary cutter. With a rotary cutter, no matter how careful I was, I always had to "square up" my 9 patch blocks, and some of them inevitably came out just a little short. Not so with my GO cut squares. The squares fit together perfectly, and I did not have to do any squareing up. My completed blocks came out so close to perfect I did not have to do anything but sew them together with the 9 1/2" blocks to make the quilt. Cutting has not always been one of my favorite things about making quilts, but it is now.
If you are thinking about getting one, there are some great videos on the AccuQuilt site and also on
http://quiltpossible.com/category/videos/
I have also made a couple of rag quilts with my GO. You cut the fabric with the Rag Quilt die and the batting with the 6 1/2" die, sew the squares together and you are done. The rag quilts take about half the time, from GO cutting to finishing, as doing it the rotary cutter/scissors way. I can't imagine how any one could ever regret buying the GO.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by ksea
Originally Posted by azgal
I will be watching this thread too. Wondering if the prices will come down after Christmas??
Joanns just had it on sale for $199. That was a great deal!!!
Are you sure it was the AccuQuiltGO or was that price for the BABY accuquilt? There is a big difference here. The Baby(their name) is small and not as sturdy. AccuQuilt has three difference sizes of cutting machines.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by phatquilts
Thank you Quilters for your experiences and testimonials. This will be on my wish list probably in the far future. Now, do I understand it correctly, no more than six layers can be cut at a time and six (6) inch squares are the largest die size?

Future decisions a FW or an accu-cutter? Merry Christmas everyone.
You're talking about the GO cutter. Less layers if you're doing thicker fabrics. The Studio system is good up to 10 layers at once.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:40 AM

My LQS bought one at a the Houston Market last year. It was all the rage until this summer when she announced that it was for sale as well as the die cuts. So, I guess, in this area it isn't used much. I saw a demonstration, but never rented it.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:47 AM

I HAVE ONE. I REALLY LIKE IT. THE PRICE IS 349.00 JOANNS HAS IT FOR 249 RIGHT NOW. THEY ALSO HAVE THE STUFF TO GO WITH IT ON SALE. AT FIRST IT CRANKS A LITTLE HARD ...BUT GETS EASYER AFTER A FEW TIMES. I HAVE ARTHRITIS IN FINGERS, WRIST,SHOULDERS... I GUESS IN ALL BONES. I READ ON THIS BLOG THAT IF YOU PLACE IT ON TABLE AT A LOWER HEIGHT ...IT WILL BE EASIER TO CRANK. IT IS BETTER.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by OmaForFour
That system (even the GO) is too expensive for me. My husband bought me the QuiltCut2 for Christmas. I will let you know how it is when it arrives.
It cost $300 with the carrying case. Rather than explain it here, just google it to see.
I've had mine for almost 13 years and LOVE it! Other than having to replace the mats and do the upgrade...which was a new ruler and mat...its been awesome
Old 12-13-2010, 09:57 AM
Banned

I would really love to have one of these, but the cost of the cutter plus the dies is just too much. What are the dies made of to be so expensive, I have to wonder!
Old 12-13-2010, 11:24 AM

Thanks Allthumbs for all the info. I just purchased a Go today. Blessings, Georgia
Old 12-13-2010, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by RkayD
Originally Posted by OmaForFour
That system (even the GO) is too expensive for me. My husband bought me the QuiltCut2 for Christmas. I will let you know how it is when it arrives.
It cost $300 with the carrying case. Rather than explain it here, just google it to see.
I've had mine for almost 13 years and LOVE it! Other than having to replace the mats and do the upgrade...which was a new ruler and mat...its been awesome
I bought the Go awhile back. Just got the 5" and 2-1/2" dies but love them. I also would like to get the QuiltCut2. Trying to find one used.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Camping Betty
Does anyone have a accu fabric cutter and do you like it?
I have the Go cutter and just bought the Go Baby for my DIL. I love my little machine. I did one 10-minute block with dark green squares and wanted to spruce it up just a bit so I cut two snowflakes and two Christmas trees for the blocks using the cutter. Took me about 2 minutes to cut them. Love it.