Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accu-Quilt >

Accu-Quilt

Accu-Quilt

Old 04-05-2010, 07:05 AM

I would really like one. I look everytime i go around one, but I just can't justify the cost. i don't have any trouble with my hands and i like to rotary cut. But it sure looks like a fun thing to use.

i would rather get an inexpensive grace frame or spend it on fabric, fabric and mor fabric! :)
Old 04-05-2010, 07:24 AM

They are great. Our guild got one and we have used it quite a lot. The dies can be expensive so pick and choose what you will use the most. You can cut pieces for an entire quilt in just minutes. It certainly saves lots of time and the pieces are accurate.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by cgroark
Originally Posted by cgroark
Originally Posted by ToucanSam
Originally Posted by virtualbernie
I just bought the Go because I can't seem to cut a straight line to save my life and my carpol tunnel was acting up so bad. I realize that it will still agrivate my wrists, but not so much because I won't need to cut so much! I've only tried it out once so far but it worked perfectly! It's on sale now--I say GO for it!
On sale where?????
Check amazon.com
$228 plus $10.95 shipping on amazon.com
Are the dies on sale too?

Great price! Did you get it?
Old 04-05-2010, 07:54 AM

I have the Go machine and adore it. I have horrible strength and my cuts were never two that matched. I now can cut up to 6 layers of fabric and know they will all be the same. Now, if they can just invent a machine that ALWAYS does the 1/4 inch seam I'm good to go.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:55 AM

I also suggest joinint the Accu-Quilt Board. They are the best group of people, always ready and willing to help a newbie with the machine. :D
Old 04-05-2010, 09:26 AM

I LOVE my GO Cutter.I found an even better excuse for it. I have COPD and bought a treadmill for exercise. The Go now exercises my arms and chest muscles. I make sure I switch arms and switch directions with each cut . I have been using the 2 1/2 inch strip cutter to cut up all the fabric that gets shoved to the bottom of the pile from my charity fabric. Now I am making up kits for our volunteers to work on. there are so many nice strip quilts that are quick and easy.
If you use a 40 or 50% off coupon at JoAnn Fabrics, the dies are much more reasonable priced. My next on is the rag quilt square that cuts all the fringes.
Cathy H
Old 04-05-2010, 09:29 AM

I forgot in my last post.. If you are cutting strips my hint is to put a strip of blue painters tape just at the top of the blades across the top and bottom so you have a straight line to line your fabric up on the fold. I also found that it worked better for scrap fabric if I made sure I pressed first and got ALL the wrinkles out before cutting.
Cathy H
Old 04-05-2010, 09:37 AM

Try amazon. I got a great price.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Cathysews
I LOVE my GO Cutter.I found an even better excuse for it. I have COPD and bought a treadmill for exercise. The Go now exercises my arms and chest muscles. I make sure I switch arms and switch directions with each cut . I have been using the 2 1/2 inch strip cutter to cut up all the fabric that gets shoved to the bottom of the pile from my charity fabric. Now I am making up kits for our volunteers to work on. there are so many nice strip quilts that are quick and easy.
If you use a 40 or 50% off coupon at JoAnn Fabrics, the dies are much more reasonable priced. My next on is the rag quilt square that cuts all the fringes.
Cathy H
My Joann's excludes Accuquilt cutters and dies from their coupons...
Old 04-05-2010, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Cathysews
I forgot in my last post.. If you are cutting strips my hint is to put a strip of blue painters tape just at the top of the blades across the top and bottom so you have a straight line to line your fabric up on the fold. I also found that it worked better for scrap fabric if I made sure I pressed first and got ALL the wrinkles out before cutting.
Cathy H
You can also draw right on the foam with a permanent marker. I did that around all my die shapes so I could see exactly where to place my fabric.