Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt Go >

Accuquilt Go

Accuquilt Go

Old 07-30-2018, 05:22 PM

I have the GO BIG. My DH gave it to me for Christmas a few years ago because he knew I would use it. I use it mostly to cut squares from scraps but I do have a few other dies. I've found the best deals on the dies from the Accuquilt.com site but I also have purchased from the Canadian site.
I do think it's easier and faster to cut strips just with rulers or the June Tailor Strip cut but when it is set up it is very convenient to just use it.
At that price you can give it a "go" and decide if it's for you. Someone would always be ready to buy the dies and machine together.
Old 07-30-2018, 05:22 PM

It is worth it if you will use it. I love my Studio which I got on sale. Dies to buy first: Strips and squares, then triangles, then everything else. Buy the sizes you will use most first.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:02 PM

Wow - my friend would love to find a "GO" for $100.00 - just make sure it is not the Go Baby. I have the GO and she buys the dies she wants - and of course I let her use any of mine that she wants. We also do the embroidery for the dies too. Since you are in Canada I don't know about the sales and shipping but I buy them from Accuquilt when they have sales and free shipping.

My first dies were squares and strips. I have so many now and when I started I was not into the appliqué but when they came out with the embroidery side I have done a few. I also like to do English Paper Piecing - and so I bought the the hexagon die. I don't have the Sizzix so can't talk of it - but I love my GO and very happy that I bought it.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 07-30-2018 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:29 PM

I love me Go (Big the electric one) not only cause it helps my shoulder/arm issues but it's so accurate! I help with a beginners class and had cut my samples of FG & HST from the Go and when it came time to demo how to square and trim excess--there wasn't any!
I bought the strip bundle when I got mine--use those strip dies, especially 2.5, 1, 1.5, 2 and 3.5 strips all the time. You can even cut bias binding with the 2.5. I add dies as they go on sale (on the Accuquilt site) and I need them. The Qubes are a good place to start with dies also.
Old 07-31-2018, 04:39 AM
Power Poster

Watson, I forgot you were in beautiful Canada when I mentioned Ebay. Sorry about that!
Old 07-31-2018, 06:19 AM

I bought mine several years ago for $199.00 on sale at Joann’s. I basically use it for strips and feel it is worth it. It saves time and $$$$ and my strips are straight! I also have purchased a few other dies that I enjoy. I have the large clam shell and really love it.
Old 07-31-2018, 02:24 PM

I've enjoyed my Go cutter. I love the way the blocks go together. I've used the strip dies the most but have a lot of other dies. It's been about 5 years since I bought my Go. I've just added dies as I need or want them and always when they are on sale. I would advise to start slow to see if it's something you will use. I use mine often. And most important it is a good price that you were quoted!
Old 08-01-2018, 05:26 AM

I bought it for $90.00 CDN. The guy didn't know anything about it. It was his Mom's and he was cleaning her house out. He had already sold the other one with all the dies. I was afraid to ask how much he sold that one for.
Now I need to buy dies. A fellow QB'er has offered me a useful die at a good price to start off with.

Watson
Old 08-25-2018, 01:57 PM

I was glad to find this thread. I'm a real newbie but for the second time. I gave up my first time because I cut stuff wrong and it never lined up!! So now I'm back and the ruler always slides, and I have some weakness in my right arm. I'm starting with a jellyroll but I'm thinking about asking for a Sizzix or an Accuquilt, (not electric) for christmas. Has anyone used both and can compare?
Old 08-25-2018, 03:00 PM

[QUOTE=Ms Morgan;8116169]So now I'm back and the ruler always slides."
Have you tried the stick on grippy dots on your ruler? Once I placed those on my ruler the sliding issue went away. I also like the Gypsy grip handle on my ruler. It helps to place even pressure on the ruler.