Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt Go >

Accuquilt Go

Accuquilt Go

Old 08-26-2018, 02:59 AM

Have both "Go" and "Electric Go"...I mainly use after a ridiculous amt of scrap build up and sick of looking at piles that take up rm. I recently go the Electric since the cranking takes it's toll on hand/wrist/shoulder. I've tried it and I'm sure I'll love it once those piles grow again and I'm sick of looking at them. Otherwise, I still cut all my pieces the old fashion way...rotary...
Old 08-26-2018, 03:14 AM

The blocks I make from cutting on the Go are much more accurate than my rotary cuts. i don't seem to use it that much and recently went through the dies and sold the surplus on ebay. That price sounds like a bargain, I bought mine used with dies long ago. I need a plan for my scraps. Just bagged up what was on the cutting table.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:54 AM

I purchased two dies, one form a fellow QB'er and another from Accuquilt along with mats. I've been cutting away at scrap tumblers and have quite a pile going. The GO is really easy and I've figured that I will need 250 or so Tumblers for a queen sized quilt, so I have a ways to go yet, but still lots of scraps.

Watson
Old 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM

Question Yes tried a alot of thngs

[QUOTE=midwife;8116184]
Originally Posted by Ms Morgan View Post
So now I'm back and the ruler always slides."
Have you tried the stick on grippy dots on your ruler? Once I placed those on my ruler the sliding issue went away. I also like the Gypsy grip handle on my ruler. It helps to place even pressure on the ruler.
I've tried rulers with grippy dots, I've tried weights on the ruler, moving my hand and at different tables
That's how I've come to this conclusion of a Sizzix Big Shot Pro or the Accuquilt Go. I don't think I need electric. I'm leaning toward sizzix only cause I'm told it fits accuquilt dies. Anyone compare?
thanks
Ms Morgan
Old 08-26-2018, 12:11 PM

I’ve got sizzix because it was less than half the price of accuquilt and dies are also cheaper. I’ve not used accuquilt dies with it yet but yes they are compatible. The sizzix works great for what I want
Old 08-26-2018, 12:15 PM

Thanks thats good to know about price!
Old 08-27-2018, 04:27 AM

I have a Sizzix Big Shot Plus and I love it, I use it all the time, especially for cutting binding! Can't go wrong with a die cutter imho!
Old 09-03-2018, 04:46 AM

At times I think it wasn't worth me getting it even though my daughter loves doing her block quilts with it. She'd never have a square quilt if it wasn't for it. But times like this week, it'll be earning its money, I have 3 quilts to do, 1 by Tuesday and the other two for the weekend, I'm doing the raq quilts. I would never make a rag quilt if it wasn't for that die, It makes them so easy to do. Sometimes I just take a lot of flannel and just cut a lot of blocks and store them away and when I need to make a quick gift I pull out the needed squares and and sew them together. I also have the dog, cat and now elephant. My granddaughter wants to make her mom an elephant quilt for Christmas so I gave in to her. At age 7 she'd not be able to cut out the appliques but with the cutter she can. The kids all love rolling the fabric thru. I paid more for mine than you would be but its still worth the cost even though I don't use it as often. Its one of those things its great to have when you need it to be there.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:26 AM
Power Poster

For the rag quilt I sew the blocks and then run through the Go to rag. So much easier. I only do one sewn block at a time and use thin batting. Also I sometimes overlap the blocks so I have rags on both sides. No fussing of keeping the snips flipped to the right side. I can make a large size rag quilt in less then a day. I use the 8 1/2 square die for the fabric and the 6 1/2 die for the batting. Layer and then sew an X. Rag the blocks then sew together. Done.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:43 PM

If u have shoulder n arm troubles last thing u want is a cutter u have to crank. I have the go big electric n wouldn’t get rid of it ever