Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Accuquilt - Worth It?

Blog Entries
    Our quilt quild bought one which we can use for a minimal price and when it is availablee. I have not tried it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sept97 View Post
    lol wish someone would give one away to me. I'd love one but I don't want to spend that much money
    I second that thought! Maybe you gals who don't like yours should try to sell them on the board. I'm sure there'd be a bit of interest. I know I would seriously consider buying a "gently" used one! Just a thought....
    --------------
    "Happiness isn't having what you want, it is wanting what you have."

www.thewanderlustgirl.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Yep! I'd be happy to buy one you're tired of!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
    . I don't think I cut any faster, just more accurately.
    I feel the same way. I like the accuracy!! The free geometric patterns are everywhere and I love it.!! Might get into the appliqués soon !

my mom has one. I don't use it all the time, but it does come in handy.
    enjoy your life...it's the only one you have!!!
    Heather

I love mine...
    Kitty

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    I don't understand all the posts that keep saying 'the dies are expensive'. Are they suppose to be cheap? I don't want to buy dies that are made cheap. The Accuquilt isn't for everyone but I'm so glad it is for me.
    I agree. I don't think the dies are that expensive -Im all for free but thats not reasonable i know.. lol.. Im glad they are sturdy and can handle being used hundreds and hundreds times over.. I Know mine sure get quite the use..

I love mine. My quilts are so much better with the more accurate and faster cutting. I use mostly strips, triangles, and squares and can't imagine going back to just rotary cutting. Perfect gift!
    Blessings,

NANCY

YES! you will love it.

Blog Entries
    I love mine. If something happened to it I would buy a new one.

Blog Entries
    OK. Nine pages later, I'm sold. I'm going on a hunt for the right one! At the right price.
    Krystyna

Amazon has the dies that are more reasonable than the Accuquilt website. I have purchased several and they are the same quality. I don't know how they can sell them cheaper, but glad they do.

I see that some think it wastes fabric. Once you learn to use it, there is not much fabric waste. It's nice to see one demonstrated. I bought mine then went to a quilt show and found there are lots of things you can do with the strips that I didn't know you could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    OK. Nine pages later, I'm sold. I'm going on a hunt for the right one! At the right price.
    I was looking them up yesterday and HSN has them for about $150 less than most other places including www.amazon.com . I've actually had it on my HSN wishlist for at least a year lol! Good luck! If you purchase one please let us know where and for how much.
    --------------

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Candela59 View Post
    I was looking them up yesterday and HSN has them for about $150 less than most other places including www.amazon.com . I've actually had it on my HSN wishlist for at least a year lol! Good luck! If you purchase one please let us know where and for how much.
    Just took a peek at HSN and maybe I'm not looking in the right spot, but they were $349!
    Krystyna

Joann's had them on sale about a month ago for $199 and although their coupons exclude accuquilt, we were able to use their VIP discount (for active Guild Members) for an additional 10% off (15% for teachers). I was able to get mine for only $179 and the dies were also 25% off plus the additional 10% off. Great deal!!! Unfortunately, it is not currently on sale...............
    ~ Moedeenie

My sister has a Go & realized that the table needed to be lower because the machine put on her cutting table was too high & hurt her shoulders. Once put on the kitchen table it worked like a charm for her.

I love mine and use it all the time. I bought mine at Joanns $199, ask them when the next sale is and Ebay is a good place to buy the dies. I am sure you will like it.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Just took a peek at HSN and maybe I'm not looking in the right spot, but they were $349!
    That's right $349.00. They're $599 on Amazon and I think that might be the price at Jo-Ann's too!
    --------------

Quote Originally Posted by Candela59 View Post
    That's right $349.00. They're $599 on Amazon and I think that might be the price at Jo-Ann's too!
    No the Go is definitely not that high at amazon! I'll have to go look it up to know for certain what I paid last month for a Go package which included the cutter and several accessories, but I believe it was about $329' though an amazon third party seller.

eta: I actually paid $372, so a little more than I rmembered, or the Mix n Match set. He actual seller was Fabric Hut, and I see the price is now up to $410.
    Last edited by Kristi.G; 04-01-2012 at 07:07 AM.

I have a "Go" and used it for rag quils and smaller geometric shapes. Had a chance to buy a slightly usecStudio and LOVE it! I rider dies when AccuQuilt has them on sale -- they have a daily del and also will put a particular type of die on sale for a week or two (strip cutters, geometric, appliqué, etc). I find I can cut strips much quicker without the dreaded "v" and have pre-cut several jelly rolls for myself for charity quilts. Prep time for cutting not more than it would be for rotary cuts BUT time spent more on deciding what fabric to cut if wanting to make jelly roll with 20 different fabrics, etc. waste minimal -- to me as much as one would have to cut when resquaring fabric if cutting lots of strips or same size pieces. I love this machine!!

Blog Entries
    Fabric Hut sells them on Etsy for $199 with free shipping. I will have to point my hubby in that direction! Went to Joann yesterday but they didn't have any at the store.
    Wondering about the Go Baby. Any thoughts?
    Krystyna

Blog Entries
    I think the Go Baby is a bit limiting. Look at the accuquilt web site and see if all the dies you want are available for this smaller machine.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Blog Entries
    It's just like any other item. If it's something that you would USE, then it's worth it. If it sits in the corner collecting dust, then it's not. Have a good look at what kind of quilting you do. If it involves a lot of the shapes that are covered by the dies you'll have, then go for it. If you do mostly applique of odd shapes, then don't. IMHO
    I used to be "hot", now it's just "hot flashes!"

Blog Entries
    tjradj, you're right. But I am sure I am going to use this. A LOT! And with my future daughter in law just learning to quilt (and having trouble cutting things to size) it will get a work out!
    Krystyna

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast