Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
All this talk about stash >

All this talk about stash

All this talk about stash

Old 07-06-2013, 04:44 PM

I am looking for scraps fabrics I am working on a postage stamp quilt any colors or patterns will work. I am even willing to pay for the postage if you have lots and want to send, thank you in advance.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:51 AM
Reb

I started quilting about 15 years ago and bought fabrics that I "had" to have because I thought they were beautiful and I'd love working with them. This built up a stash. I was working on projects at the time so I'd go to a quilt store and find many fabrics to buy. Then I was unable to quilt for awhile. Now I'm back at it and designs have changed with the times. I'm not a fan of many of the new fabric designs which are more of a contemporary nature. I also can't afford to buy as much today as I could 15 years ago. I'm thrilled now to be working with my old favorite finds and filling in as needed with new.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:12 AM

I have an entire room in my basement for my "collection". It houses my fabric originally arranged in tubs and boxes on metal shelves. It also includes my ironing/cutting station that actually has a bare top when I am not ironing or cutting. I have one of those large fold out cutting tables I purchased years ago from Joanns. Alas it is the biggest eyesore as it is piled with tubs of fabric and then piles on top of the tubs. Since I got involved in Linus most of the fabric I purchase is for that purpose. I have bolts of most primary colors in flannel for the backs of the Linus quilts and of course I also stock pile 10yard bolts of batting when it goes on sale. Since I average about 20 Linus quilts a month it is all I constant motion. I am trying to cut back as my husband will have to retire sooner rather than later as he is 72. My goal is to use up enough of the fabric on top of the table to be able to get to what is in the tubs.