Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Any one else Feel Like this ? >

Any one else Feel Like this ?

Any one else Feel Like this ?

Old 11-29-2010, 12:01 PM

i feel the same way alot of times but i learn alot of stuff off here and it helps me to learn something new and better way to do it.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:15 PM

it is just the weather! ya need some sunshine! :)
we all feel like that sometime or another..but quilting is a work in progress..learning all the time!
i honestly don't know how anyone does it with work and or kids. i took up this hobby after i retired,and the kids were grown..i have alot of respect for those that work around thier lives, and still manage to get some sewing done!
hang in there, and come here for motivation and friendship!
Old 11-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Power Poster

I got a lot more done when I was working (for pay) and the kids were young and at home.

Don't know what happened - guess my get up and go just got up and left.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:40 PM

I'm in a creative rut too. The only thing I've really worked on lately is Quilts for Kids and turning a shower curtain into a window curtain for my MIL. The weather is yucky here too, I'll blame it on that.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:44 PM

There will always be more to learn. Quilting is a learning process. Remember you have to crawl before you can walk? lol

I had those exact thoughts some years ago....

Just remember, the two most important things about quilting is, an exact 1/4 inch seam and cutting precisely...all the rest falls into place after that.....learn what the straight of grain and crossgrain are as these are important to your design and makes a huge difference between a nice square quilt and a wobbly one.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf
There will always be more to learn. Quilting is a learning process. Remember you have to crawl before you can walk? lol

I had those exact thoughts some years ago....

Just remember, the two most important things about quilting is, an exact 1/4 inch seam and cutting precisely...all the rest falls into place after that.....learn what the straight of grain and crossgrain are as these are important to your design and makes a huge difference between a nice square quilt and a wobbly one.
Great advice!
i find making small projects get me back in the swing too!
Old 11-29-2010, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
I got a lot more done when I was working (for pay) and the kids were young and at home.

Hey, I have an idea... can I have your spare hours (ya know, the ones after the house is cleaned and the meals are cooked!!)??? I need more hours for quilt designing and making!!! I hate that I only started this hobby in 2002...so many quilts in my head and here I am 70
Probably only have 20 or so years left...so I'll take any extra hours you have....unless of course you want to start using them to pick out your next quilt project! :thumbup:
Old 11-29-2010, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by quilting.addict
Originally Posted by bearisgray

Hey, I have an idea... can I have your spare hours (ya know, the ones after the house is cleaned and the meals are cooked!!)??? I need more hours for quilt designing and making!!! I hate that I only started this hobby in 2002...so many quilts in my head and here I am 70
Probably only have 20 or so years left...so I'll take any extra hours you have....unless of course you want to start using them to pick out your next quilt project! :thumbup:

I am in the same boat at 70 hahahahh...I plan to be quilting until my last breath ahhahahah
Old 11-29-2010, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf
learn what the straight of grain and crossgrain are as these are important to your design and makes a huge difference between a nice square quilt and a wobbly one.
How can you tell? I've always wondered.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:07 PM

I feel like u @ times. I'm still a beginner a
Nd ppl r so talented on this site. They arê eager to help. Just do the best u can and it's the love and effort that ppl love.