Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Any one made this pattern ? >

Any one made this pattern ?

Any one made this pattern ?

Old 02-18-2013, 09:30 AM

I myself would not buy the pattern I am going to draw it out and try it on my own. looks like fun. the waves are not to bad to sew just try a bigger block and see how you like it.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:13 AM

check out u tube. they have demos of several quilts. I love the missouri quilt demos. the ones with the quack? in the intro. I made a drunkards path after watching several times and my curves were perfect for one quilt anyway!!
Old 02-18-2013, 12:56 PM

Pretty pattern! I say go for it! The pattern would possibly give you some hints/tips. Just know it's going to be something you may have a little learning curve on but I'd be willing to bet by the 4th or 5th block, you'll have it down! Let us know your decision!
Old 02-18-2013, 05:22 PM

Looks like one I did recently that required a special ruler. I've seen this one on Fons & Porter TV show and don't remember if they used a special ruler for it. The special ruler I bought would allow for making a number of different sizes of blocks.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:30 PM

Something similar can be done on EQ7. Block library/ Orange peels/ Josephs Coat or Flower Petals. Save one of the blocks to Sketchbook and edit it by removing all the curves except the 2 for the wave. The pattern prints using templates with the seam allowance. When sewing the curve, gently lift the fabric as the seams are sewn, use a small stitch and sew slow. Snip the curve along the seam and press to the curve.
As proof by the posts on the QB, there are several ways to figure out quilt blocks. This one worked for me. Might not be exact, but it is similar as I stated above.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:39 PM

I think it's beautiful and if it's for beginners I'd say go for it! Then let us see the results which I'm sure will be perfect.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:39 AM

Do You have a link for one your talking about. I don't usually have much luck searching in there.

Originally Posted by cindypierce View Post
check out u tube. they have demos of several quilts. I love the missouri quilt demos. the ones with the quack? in the intro. I made a drunkards path after watching several times and my curves were perfect for one quilt anyway!!
Old 02-19-2013, 04:59 AM

Do You have a link for one your talking about. I don't usually have much luck searching in there.

Jstorm, If you look at the very first entry, there are several links for this quilt.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:48 AM

I'm just in the process of quilting this pattern.
I too saw it on the board a couple of weeks ago.
It was made with a Creative grids curves for squares 6" x 24" ruler. Squares can range from 5" to 10".
Whichever size square you decide to cut, when sewn together the square works out 1" smaller.
I found it fairly easy as the curves are very gentle. It's abit like piecing a Drunkards Path block.
If you plug into creative grids video demonstrations they show the various arrangements that can be made using the ruler.
Will post a pic of my WIP so you can see what it's like.
Northern lass
Old 02-19-2013, 06:33 AM

I, too, have bought the ruler, called "Curves for Squares". It was a little pricey, and I haven't used it yet. On the video they mentioned that the start of the diagonal MUST be straight or your points will not line up. I watched the video on the Checker Distributor website. (the one my LQS owner uses).

Linda in MIssouri