Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Any one made this pattern ? >

Any one made this pattern ?

Any one made this pattern ?

Old 02-19-2013, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by northern lass View Post
I'm just in the process of quilting this pattern.
I too saw it on the board a couple of weeks ago.
It was made with a Creative grids curves for squares 6" x 24" ruler. Squares can range from 5" to 10".
Whichever size square you decide to cut, when sewn together the square works out 1" smaller.
I found it fairly easy as the curves are very gentle. It's abit like piecing a Drunkards Path block.
If you plug into creative grids video demonstrations they show the various arrangements that can be made using the ruler.
Will post a pic of my WIP so you can see what it's like.
Northern lass
Did you use the ruler? It is quite pricy, and if I bought the ruler for every project I want to make, I wouldn't know where to store them all!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:55 AM

It's called Savannah and it has a special Creative Grids ruler that is curvy. I did it in a class. It's really easy, and not too scary for beginners. The fun part was that the way they did it at our store was everyone that signed up picked a dark batik and a light batik, when everyone had selected in advance their 2 colors, the shop cut all the pieces into 10" blocks and everyone got a little of everybody's colors. It was really cool, we tried to get people to stick with earth tones but some people weren't having any of that so there were some colors that just popped against the earth tones.